Roundabout Condos

satalac

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, apparently, some people are confusing these two projects. I was being lazy and did not create a new thread for this office-condo project. My sarcasm too might have gotten the better of me, but I still did not see this office condo project in the online edition of the Tennessean. Anyway, I'll create a new thread for this new one.

I found this funny on the Tennessean website comment section...

I'm sick of all these condos popping up.

Bring back the Shoney's and the Barbara Mandrell attraction and give Music Row back it's unique side. I miss the music row of the 80's/'90's.

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:24 pm

Wow!!! I thought these people had left town!!! :stop:

^ Many of the people who post on the Tennessean's website scare me. I was reading their message boards the other day. Some of those folks had me second guessing moving back to Tennessee. I swear some of those people want to take Nashville back to the Dark Ages. I'm not sure why anyone would revert Music Row back to that mess. :unsure:

I get what they're saying, kind of, about the uniqueness, because I think uniqueness in a neighborhood is important, but how stale must they be to equate a negative one star chain restaurant and a house with some junk in it to "uniqueness"? lol

IMO: These are people who have certain memories of some aspect of that stretch of town and have a hard time dealing with change. Also, there are perhaps (even smaller of a group) some who are simply jealous when somebody can afford something more expensive (e.g. new condos). Unfortunately, these people are everywhere you go. The Internet helps them stay anonymous, and therefore they feel free to say some outrageous things.

^ Many of the people who post on the Tennessean's website scare me. I was reading their message boards the other day. Some of those folks had me second guessing moving back to Tennessee. I swear some of those people want to take Nashville back to the Dark Ages. I'm not sure why anyone would revert Music Row back to that mess. :unsure:

Very interesting article from today's paper.: Tennessean They say things are moving to fast in the city, but if Nashville is behind other cities our size and the demand still outweighs the supply for these type of developments, then I think were doing OK right now.

Here's a map of some of the major developments and proposals in the city:post-8647-1181898856_thumb.jpg

post-8647-1181898856_thumb.jpg

yeah I really wish they would shut the messages down that go at the end of a lot of stories b/c anyone can get on there from anywhere and it is obvious that many of the posts are made just to try and antagonzie. They are an embarrassment--I have seen racial and cultural slurs which go out to the entire world from a site with our city's name on it. And no one is moderating as far as I can tell, considering some of the horrific things I have read there. As if the Tennessean wasn't enough of an embarrassment on their own, the comments/messages are even worse.

Please don't take the idiocy on there as a true representation of Nashville or Tennessee.

Lionstone is going to go for LEED certification. From the Tennessean taday. I am glad to see more people going for LEED. It would not bother me in the least to make it a requirement as long as all new construction across the nation have to do the same, other wise the playing field is not level.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...2/1436/BUSINESS

Archived