Music Square West Office Condos

ATLBrain

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It won't be that far from the Roundabout. As stated the Victorian mansion at 17th and Division will be incorporated into the new building. As you leave the Roundabout and go left on 17th, ASCAP is on the immediate left. This will be directly across the street from that. The Adelicia is about half mile further toward Vandy near 21st and South St.

I'm excited the old house will see new life. I've often worried about it, but now it's future is good. I've admired this house for as long as I can remember.

Music Row as part of midtown? Some of it anyway. I've always considered its own identity as it stretches along 16th, 17th, parts of 18th and 19th all the way to Belmont and Hillsboro Village. The upcoming integration among those areas will become even more seamless as times goes by.

It's all I can do to remember the city as it was even a few short years ago with its new landmarks, its loss of old ones, the redirection of roads. Music Row, Midtown, Vandy, West End have all changed so much. And more is on the way. Unbelieveable.

This one sounds very iffy to me. Who are these guys ? The lead developer in the group appears to be a small single family builder from MO and they're going to sell office condos as a shell for $375/sf and residential condos for $650/sf ? I don't see it at all and throw this deal in the same category as The Sobro in terms of its prospects.

I had heard the owners of that site were asking $200/sf and I didn't think there would be any takers. It seems that lately there's always someone from out of town willing to come in and pay a big premium. It will be interesting to see if they can make their deals work after doing so.

What better place for office condos as many fo the old homes are offices now. This is directed directly at the music industry and the office condo should do well.

I do not know any thing about the developers either, but on a larger scale everyone poo pooed the Cumberland when Tony built it DT. There are other developers who have not had much experience here and are starting to ride the wave of building with the pros. The smaller developers have to gain experience. I don

Archived