Murders & its trends in your city this year?

Hmmm, does anyone know where i could find the latest statistics for my city or each city so far this year? The reason why i ask is because damn there seems to have been a lot of murders this past year well atleast since i've moved back to Honolulu, even though it still has one of the lowest murder rates in the country it doesnt seem like it right now. There were atleast two this weekend and a few more during last week that i can remember? But i kind of want to know what its up to now cause it seems every week i'm hearing about some kind of murder or body being found etc...its very unusual for Hawaii or maybe its a new trend? i really hope not... :(

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Wow thats so little but id imagine that it will probably go up by summer it seems places with seasons usually have a lot more murders during the warmer months for obvious reasons of course haha well that was a trend i noticed in the northwest atleast.

^Wow thats so little but id imagine that it will probably go up by summer it seems places with seasons usually have a lot more murders during the warmer months for obvious reasons of course haha well that was a trend i noticed in the northwest atleast.

Typically in Detroit there are more murders during the winter months than during the summer months. Unless we don't have seasons. LOL.

Not really little for a city our size, it's worst than the national average.

We average around 20-30 homicides a year. That isn't great for a city of less than 200,000.

Toronto averages 60-70 murders per year in a city of 2.6 million. The rate is lower in the suburbs. Some suburbs go an entire year without having any murders. Mississauga (where I live), for example, has 650,000 people, and the most recent numbers I remember seeing (they might be a couple years old by now) had 3 murders in a year, less than 0.5/100,000/year.

My city (Grand Blanc...suburb of Flint/exurb of Detroit) had one murder three years ago, but that's the last one I can remember. They are quite rare here. There is only one other murder that I can think of, and that was probably 10 years ago, maybe even longer ago than that. I was still very young at the time.

I dont remember hearing of any murders since ive been back in my area of town although crime is still pretty bad here but mostly property crime, theft, burglaries, bank robberies, drug raids, etc

However, when i lived here before i moved away (on one of my back and forths to Hawaii and the mainland) there were quite a few murders in this area one was where they found some 20 something year old girl chopped up and placed in different trash bags in front of some flower shop that was not a nice discovery for the poor old ladies who in the morning were attempting to dump the bags and saw blood leaking out. Another was up the street which was like a murder wannabe suicide the suspect tried to kill himself but did no succeed. I also witnessed one in that happened at an apartment complex next door to my house, it was freaky, i remember waking up to some guy screaming help me help me but with a really weak/faint voice and i looked out my window and there were all these people looking down at the bottom floor of the apartment so i ran outside and looked over the wall and saw these two guys stabbing each other to death one with a mashedy (sp?) and the other with throwing knives by the time i got to see all that the cops busted thru and stopped the whole thing. There was so much blood i'll never forget that and that was over drugs one of the guys owed the other. Funny thing is i live in a middle class neighborhood but its a long a 5 lane one way busy street that takes people straight to the highway - basically a quick get away street for people committing crimes especially bank robberies. I've also had my car breaking into when i had one they even stole my car battery once and left their old crummy one in the front of my car, i've seen peoples car windows bashed in for no reason, and i'm only talking about stuff along my street and with in a few blocks of me etc etc Alot of it never makes the news though, probably cause it would ruin Honolulu's image? i dunno?

:angry:

Archived