Bill O'Reilly

Charlotteman

We all know Bill O'Reilly has been at it for years---spouting ugliness and disinformation like there's no tommorrow. But this latest outrage really pushed my buttons.

"Who cares if a bomb goes off in Tikrit? Would anybody really care?"

I am deeply offended. I am offended to the point that his words made me sick to my stomach. What about soldiers being killed by those bombs....what about all the innocent Iraqi civilians being killed by those bombs? O'Reilly says why should we care?

This man appears to be ammoral-------death and destruction mean nothing to him. He's a sick and twisted individual. Of course that makes him a perfect fit for Fox.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? Bill said who cares? After grilling Rosie for her comments?

There are some things I can agree with Bill on typically dealing with how awful our country's gotten morally... but Bill said that about Bush's war? Am I missing something? He's not supporting His Majesty's War? Fox would fire him if so.

Coming from the man who encouraged al Qaida to nuke San Francisco, this latest statement doesn't surprise me. O'Reilly is a fascist bigot, and the fact that he has enough popular support to maintain a successful media presence is a sad reflection on the state of our country.

All the money wasted in Iraq over the past 4 years could have been used to create a new system of identification and information sharing between departments to control who comes and goes in the nation more efficiently, federal agents to inspect and enforce the law, and intelligence to fend against terrorism.

Meanwhile Bill O'Reilly is interested in ratings. He's just a sad man, a mean and arrogant New York conservative who wants his opinion over everyone else.

It was taken a bit out of context, though it was a very, very poor and insensitive choice of words. Bill should have known much better than to say that.

As to people boycotting Fox because it's conservative...what's the big deal? Liberals have ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and half the newspapers in the nation. What's the big deal if conservatives have a channel too? So much for the inclusiveness and tolerance that the Left always wants to be seen clamoring for. This isn't a push to accept conservative views or parade them over liberal views, but there has to come a point when we all have to examine things that are polarizing both of the parties.

From all indications Bill O'Reilly is a disturbed individual. But maybe that's how Fox wants him.....

Who cares if a bomb goes off in Tikrit? I guess mothers, and fathers, and children and elderly people, soldiers, and leaders to name a few. Does O'Reilly not have a speck of humanity in his soul?

I don't hate on O'Reilly the way you guys do, or think he is this big racist, but he was way out of line with that comment. If the media can follow Paris Hilton being driven to jail, they should at the very least report every bomb that goes off any where in the world. I think O'Reilly was trying too hard to defend his position and I would expect a clarification or retraction coming this week. I would rank this right up there with Rosie inferring that our troops were terrorists who intentionally go out to kill innocent civilians.

Well no these are not liberal at all. lol

These channels all owned by a few corporate giants that don't want to make waves at all unless they absolutely have to and they are usually fine with the status quo when it comes to GOP politics because the GOP supports whateve they want todo. And of course they continue to report news in a fashion to further their own corporate interests. (Illegal Aliens has become "immigrants" and Communist China is now just "China", etc) They focus on tabloidism and sensationalism to detract from having to report news on any real issues and continue the hide the true horrors for the war in Iraq. There are a few notible exceptions such as Lou Dobbs on CNN and Tim Russert's meet the press show, but for the most part, they have given the GOP a free pass over the horrible mess they have made of this country over the last 15 years.

Most American's have no idea what a truely unbiased or for that matter a liberal news channel might be because the same corporations also own most of the distribution channels and won't let any counter news channels on their systems.

Ratings, ratings, ratings. The only reason why every news show turns into a screaming match is that it gets ratings, and it gets talked about the next day. That's the way O'Reilly's show has always worked. The big problem I have with Fox News isn't their conservative viewpoints, but that it's that it's all packaged and dumbed down with stupid puns in every headline. Its what People Magazine would be like if they reported on news every now and then. Bill O'Reilly has devolved into little more than a clown who likes to yell a lot.

Ratings, ratings, ratings. The only reason why every news show turns into a screaming match is that it gets ratings, and it gets talked about the next day. That's the way O'Reilly's show has always worked. The big problem I have with Fox News isn't their conservative viewpoints, but that it's that it's all packaged and dumbed down with stupid puns in every headline. Its what People Magazine would be like if they reported on news every now and then. Bill O'Reilly has devolved into little more than a clown who likes to yell a lot.

Thanks, monsoon, for pointing out why I've slowed my intake of major news outlets to a bare minimum. I also don't like any of big networks because I find that most of their analysts, Bill O'Reilly included, to be very confrontational, argumentative, and basically examples of how not to conduct proper interviews and debates with guests. Instead of encouraging guests to give there take on issues, its either give answers the analysts want to hear or be painted by the analysts as being blithering morons. Because of these so called analysts along with the tabloid new coverage I've learned that taking any kind of news from major outlets at face value to be fool hardy at best when interpolating my own conclusions about world around me.

I barely get myself to watch major network news nowadays. I only watch CNN or MSNBC if there's some major news story going on, the last time I can think of was Virginia Tech. I refuse to watch the commentary shows in prime time, with the rare exception of The Daily Show (and well, we know that's not meant to be taken seriously).

The most you'll ever see me watch is ABC's Evening News w/ Gibson. For some reason I don't mind that too much. Other than that, it's local TV or print medium. I like print medium, but I can't help but laugh sometimes at the New York Post.

I barely get myself to watch major network news nowadays. I only watch CNN or MSNBC if there's some major news story going on, the last time I can think of was Virginia Tech. I refuse to watch the commentary shows in prime time, with the rare exception of The Daily Show (and well, we know that's not meant to be taken seriously).

The difference between O'Reilly and Rosie is that O'Reilly has discussions and debates that I would actually listen to. My beef with him is that he would often (in a confrontational way) interrupt a guest with opposing viewpoints without letting em' finish a thought. Very irritating, but I suppose that's his schtick. Rosie isn't worth listening to, except when a supposedly "airheaded" Elizabeth Hasselbeck cleaned clock in essentially a shouting match.

Archived