Bill O'Reilly

Charlotteman

But Bill's confrontational attitude and his cutting off of guests with opposing view points totally defeats the purpose of having a good discussion or good debate. That's what (IMO) makes his shows unwatchable. Lord have mercy on a guest unfortunate to be a liberal because in Bill's book its either be a staunch GOP Neo-Conservative or suffer the eternal damnation of be called an idiot on national TV.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^it's quite a stretch to compare Rosie to O'Reilly.:) Rosie is a big mouth, but O'Reilly is just downright MEAN.

Rush Limbaugh, who uses similar tactics of cutting off people who disagree, has been on the radio for years and years. That means O'Reilly will probably be on TV for years and years as well.

Rush and O'Reilly----the two media hipocrits from hell. One spewing disinformation and nonsense on TV, and the other blathering on the radio as if he were some expert (he's a high school graduate fer goodness sakes).

^^^it's quite a stretch to compare Rosie to O'Reilly.:) Rosie is a big mouth, but O'Reilly is just downright MEAN.

Rush Limbaugh, who uses similar tactics of cutting off people who disagree, has been on the radio for years and years. That means O'Reilly will probably be on TV for years and years as well.

Rush and O'Reilly----the two media hipocrits from hell. One spewing disinformation and nonsense on TV, and the other blathering on the radio as if he were some expert (he's a high school graduate fer goodness sakes).

Uh, Rush is a multimillionaire, not bad for a high school graduate! I'm sure Rush Limbaugh could out debate any of us here, no matter what our academic background. I don't always agree with him, but I have much respect for his ability to articulate his position. Most of what comes out in the press about what he says turns out to be wrong, as they don't go to his show for the transcripts, but rely on people like Media Matters for the information.....

Uhh. Hitler was very good in his ability to articulate his position. Rush has as made millions using that ability go divide the people of this country instead of using his ability for the betterment of mankind. If he has your respect for these two things, then so be it, but in my book respect is earned and you don't get it by playing dirty and unfair as Rush has.

The only time I see O'Reilly cut some one off is when they don't answer a simple yes or no question, why is that such a hard thing to do? Are you against the war, "Yes", are you for partial birth abortion, "Yes", is GWB an idiot, "Yes". If I would ever go on his show I would tell him exactly what I thought about any issue, whether he liked the answer or not, that's all he asks of his guests. So what is the big problem and please give examples and links from non-partisan sites.

It would be interesting to find the ratings of Bill O'Reilly's show as well as Fox News as compared to competing shows and the netowrks they air on. Why I say this is folks here on Urban Planet are surly not the only ones that sees O'Reilly and Fox as being out of sync with every day Americans.

I switched from O'reily to Glenn Beck about 6-7 months ago and haven't turned BOR back on since. I like Beck's humor but also his point about both parties really hurting our country right now.

Archived