Barack Obama

Did anyone else go see Barack Obama at McAlister Square today? He is a very engaging, powerful speaker. I think that I might have shaken hands with the next President of the United States today.

WYFF said on the six o'clock broadcast that they were expecting around 500 people to show up. The turnout was 3,500+.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone else go see Barack Obama at McAlister Square today? He is a very engaging, powerful speaker. I think that I might have shaken hands with the next President of the United States today.

WYFF said on the six o'clock broadcast that they were expecting around 500 people to show up. The turnout was 3,500+.

I had planned to attend, but it was a busy day for me and I couldn't break away from work. I would really loved to have seen Senator Obama speak. If you shook hands with him, then you most likely did shake hands with the next President of the United States. I have absolutely no doubt about it, myself.

• 1 month later...
What are they fussing about now? I know there was a "spat" of some sort during the YouTube debate in Charleston, but I didn't know what it was about. It was funny when a reporter noted that Hilary will nod when just about every other candidate is speaking about something she agrees with, but never nods to anything Obama says.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is with Hilary. I guess you've either got to be a true-blue liberal or in love with her husband in order to "get her." I mean she presents herself well, but beyond that, I don't really see anything spectacular.

They wouldn't share the stage with each other, and certainly not a ticket. For a Vice Presidential nominee I'd expect Hillary to have someone with ties to her husband's administration, like Gov. Richardson, and who could attract votes outside the coastal regions of the nation.

Fixation on a Presidential race in the summer of 2007 is beyond strange.

Archived