Ghost Ballet

MTSUBlueraider86

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've looked over the earlier announcements and the original completion date was Spring 2007, so I suppose technically since it's only been officially Summer for a week or so, Alyce is almost on schedule. I've always assumed it would this summer.

No matter what, I'm happy to see some color coming to the East Bank. Should make some interesting photo-ops.

I've looked over the earlier announcements and the original completion date was Spring 2007, so I suppose technically since it's only been officially Summer for a week or so, Alyce is almost on schedule. I've always assumed it would this summer.

No matter what, I'm happy to see some color coming to the East Bank. Should make some interesting photo-ops.

Nashville so desparately needs public art that even a solid addition (in terms of qualilty; in term of size, this baby will be noteworthy on a national level) such as Ghost Ballet will be welcomed.

ESU

That's an understatement. Here's cousin Vinny standing next to something that fell off a barge and drifted to shore from the metal recycling place. Actually, though, I do like it in its own way. I hope that it could be the start of a public art collection along the East Bank or something like that.

Yep, the pieces are arriving. bwithers and I drove past the sight yesterday after noticing large red things at the base. Official unveiling is only a couple of weeks away.

I personally look forward to the splash of color. I think we have plenty of naked people; this should change the landscape very noticeably.

is this thing really going to be anchored into the ground by those ugly pillars that are currently standing, as seen in the renderings? if so, what is even the point of doing this project. at least paint them red or something then it might actually be worth looking at.

^ That's just her preferred style, which is reflected in many pieces she created for other cities. Like it or not, I believe it's more attractive than all the other semi-finalist designs.

Alice Aycock, New York, NY - Winner

ALICE4.jpg

ALICE3.jpg

ALICE2.jpg

Ed Carpenter, Portland, OR - Semi-Finalist

EdCarpenter1.jpg

EdCarpenter2.jpg

Ean Eldred, Portland, OR - Semi-Finalist

EanEldred2.jpg

Dennis Oppenheim, New York, NY - Semi-Finalist

DennisOppenheimer1.jpg

DennisOppenheimer2.jpg

Thomas Sayre, Raleigh, NC - Semi-Finalist

ThomasSayre1.jpg

OMG!!!! How horrible is that guitar one???? Yuk!!! Well I have to say I like the Ghost Ballet. I think its very cool. Love the red and sweeping curves. I think it will become a photo op for TV camera crews when they come to town for games or Fain Fair...

• 2 weeks later...

Originally I thought that this project was pretty silly...but this morning, as I was heading into downtown from east Nashville on Shelby Ave., I caught a really cool glimpse of this art. From the east side it definitely compliments the skyline. Nashville is definitely in need of more art throughout the city and the Ghost Ballet is a pretty damn good start.

Archived