WAM Site, 720 North Monroe

GRDadof3

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's OK if you dont like it. It's one guys' interpretation of adaptive re-use of an otherwise hopeless historic structure with the clear promise of blight for many, many years. Is the neighborhood enhanced by this ? I think all the neighbors would say YES.

He voted with his checkbook and took the risk. I am glad it's working.

Rooks has invested / borrowed 10's of millions of dollars even in just the past 12 months, investing in the revitaization of our urban core and providing cool places for people to live and work and generating economic vitality through increased tax base all while creating hundreds of jobs for people just like you. Yes, he is doing it with a profit motive and he is successful.

When risk takers spend money to revitalize a local economy and create jobs and vitality to the benefit of all taxpayers and urban dwellers it's good for everyone. Except you apparently.

What was your contribution to this healthy, popular, economy-stimulating movement ?

Yep, thought so......

I just drove by this site last week and finally realized what building you've all been referring to. Anyone have any idea when and if this will actually be happening? I see there's been talk of it since 2005. Also, will the residential be more condos or apartments? Why are there few if any real luxury apartments in downtown GR? Feel free to send me a pm if you can't publicly share info. Thanks!

Archived