Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kayman

Commercials to promote Birmingham are finally starting

3 posts in this topic

John Archibald mentioned in his Thursday column that a private firm, Big Communications, Inc., are to air 6 different TV ads promoting the city. They will feature people like celebrity chef Frank Stitt, Eric Essix, Alan Hunter and Lou Zaden. The theme of the ads are "Birmingham: A new spin on the Old South." They are to air 4,000 times over the next 6 months.

I don't know if that theme is the best description of Birmingham, but I'm glad the ads are finally going to air after nearly 2 years. The Greater Birmingham Convention and Visitors Bureau promised the creation and air of promotional spots for the region back in 2005. I'm not totally sure who funded the creation of these ads, but it will help the city gain some type of promotion along the likes of Memphis, Nashville, New Orleans, and Atlanta throughout The South. Hopefully, this will be a regular thing like other other cities and have newspaper ads also placed in their newspapers, so this will help boost our tourism and recognition.

That sounds great... have you gotten to see them yet? If anyone sees them and can post them on youtube or something, please do! Being in Birmingham, us local might not really be able to see them. Thanks.