The Atlantic

Kenneth Disraili-Jean

The Atlantic is the newest addition that is taking place right now at Atlantic Station. There are two construction cranes looming over the site and foundation work has almost been completed. Construction of the actual floors should start around late July. The Atlantic is going to be a 46-story condo tower that is adjacent to the Twelve Hotel. The architecture of this tower is that of modernist with a hint of post modern gothism, mostly at the top or crown of the tower. The Atlantic will feature 400 homes with prices starting in the $300's to over $1 million dollars. Building amenities include a swimming pool, fitness center with yoga studio, clubroom, screening room, library, and business center as well as porter, valet, and doorman service, and if you really want to take things easy, remember that in-room dining and housekeeping service are available from the adjacent Twelve Hotel, according to the article obtained from the February issue of Atlanta Magazine. The shedule for move in is spring of 2009. I really like the architecture of this building and think it will be a great addition to the skyline. To view a rendering of The Atlantic go to the following web site on your computer: http://www.theatlanticresidences.com/

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you wholeheartedley on how the Twelve looks. I wonder how that architect got a license to practice architecture, and also you are right about the crown of the tower. It has a crown just like BoA, just not as tall and intense as the one in Charlotte, but overall I really like the way it shoots up toward the sky. But I'm afraid it is a little too expensive for me to live in. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the webcam, it appears the whole block is under construction for at least and underground garage. Will this building's footprint cover the entire block? That seems awfully large. Perhaps they are adding underground parking that can be used for an additional midrise on the block?

It is a very long rectangle, no doubt, but the extra sliver of land on the other side of the parking deck entrance is reserved for another future condo tower, won't be as tall as the Atlantic from the rendering, but will probably be about a third shorter. No construction date as been set on the future condo tower.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived