Schools- No Physical Contact Whatsoever?

tombarnes

Unfortunately, I have a feeling this is one of those 'zero tolerance policies' where they couldn't decide where to draw the line. Either they were lazy, or afraid of the lawsuits that might occur if they did draw a line. That seems to be the way it is going right now in the school system. I hate it, it is stupid, but that's the way it is.

Anyway, those are the rules, so that's how you play. If you don't like it, work to get the rules changed.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately, I have a feeling this is one of those 'zero tolerance policies' where they couldn't decide where to draw the line. Either they were lazy, or afraid of the lawsuits that might occur if they did draw a line. That seems to be the way it is going right now in the school system. I hate it, it is stupid, but that's the way it is.

Anyway, those are the rules, so that's how you play. If you don't like it, work to get the rules changed.

A guy I went to college with started a website, which is fairly popular among the teenagers crowd. Every topic relates to either boredom, sex, or religion. Kids nowadays are willingly ready to admit they're giving it up at 12, 13, or 14 years old ... or waiting to marriage because God said so. There's almost nothing in the middle.

This is becoming a very very strange culture we live in.

Thats exactly the way i see things. It seems that there are very few normal/average kids anymore. Everybody is either 100% devoted to God and staying a virgin until they are married or a complete skank, having sex with multiple partners at 12 or younger. No one is medium. They dont want to wait until they are old enough to be smart about sex, or want to wait until they are 27 to do it.

PS, did you go to college with Tom?

Nah. This guy (well, he's slightly older than me (22)) runs a popular site where people can make online quizzes for each other. The chat section is infested with teens ages 14-17, where topics generally related to "help me, I'm bored", sex, or religion.

Nah. This guy (well, he's slightly older than me (22)) runs a popular site where people can make online quizzes for each other. The chat section is infested with teens ages 14-17, where topics generally related to "help me, I'm bored", sex, or religion.

Did you expect essays on Shakespeare or a discussion on physics? Kids talk about nothing. I don't recall having any meaning to anything I used to talk about... hmmm maybe even now I have no point...

There are people out there who are abstinent without throwing religion in it. They just don't want the drama that the wild ones end up with. I guess they're a part of that missing middleground. And what about the asexuals?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived