Life in Omaha

Rardy

I noticed there's no thread for Nebraska or Omaha on UP yet, and I'm curious as to what life in Omaha is like. I've read all the statistics on various pages, but I'm looking for the juice/dirt! :silly: I'm considering moving there in about 6 months and am slightly nervous as I have only been there once about 10 years ago.

Specifically, can anyone comment on the quality of Omaha hospitals and their individual reputations?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When my mother remarks about going out to the middle of nowhere, she always says "Are we going to Omaha?" I don't why she does that. To my knowledge, its fairly good sized city boasting skyscrapers and a six figure number in population.

I noticed there's no thread for Nebraska or Omaha on UP yet, and I'm curious as to what life in Omaha is like. I've read all the statistics on various pages, but I'm looking for the juice/dirt! :silly: I'm considering moving there in about 6 months and am slightly nervous as I have only been there once about 10 years ago.

Specifically, can anyone comment on the quality of Omaha hospitals and their individual reputations?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Warren Buffet hails from there, thats a good attribute IMO.

Seriously though, from everything I read and hear its a great city. Everyone I have met who has lived there has had nothing but good things to say about it as well. Now I do hear they have some pretty cold and snow filled winters - :cold: - so it will differ from Memphis quite a bit in that regard.

Warren Buffet hails from there, thats a good attribute IMO.

Seriously though, from everything I read and hear its a great city. Everyone I have met who has lived there has had nothing but good things to say about it as well. Now I do hear they have some pretty cold and snow filled winters - :cold: - so it will differ from Memphis quite a bit in that regard.

• 2 years later...

Archived