Downtown Raleigh Happy Hour

paco

Where in DTR would you go for Happy Hour? Late night is pretty well covered but I would like to go out for a few drinks from 5:00 to 7:00 or so. Sorry I am unable to get the list started!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aahhh good thread as i am a fan of happy hours and think places in downtown raleigh have slowly come around to the idea of drinks after work. as mentioned, flying saucer has a pretty consistent crowd after work. I've also noticed hibernian always seem to have a group there.

blue martini is a good place to get drinks also, with the live music and all, and they have ladies specials on wednesday, their best happy hour crowd of the week i think.

raleigh times is also a great place to hang for a couple drinks.

i would think that sullivans would draw a crowd since people come for dinner; it looks like a cool place if you are into that cigar bar kind of look and feel.

i havnt been anywhere in the warehouse district around this time but do not expect any of the clubs/bars to be open so i havnt tried it

if anyone else knows more i'd be interested in knowing about it.

I just noticed that Riveria lounge and restaurant (Wilmington & Hargett) has a special from 5-7... I think it's mentioned free "frites" (whatever that is--fries?), but I agree with cophead... Times Bar, Saucer, Hibernian, but other than Monday Pint Night at Saucer, I dont think they have specials.

I just noticed that Riveria lounge and restaurant (Wilmington & Hargett) has a special from 5-7... I think it's mentioned free "frites" (whatever that is--fries?), but I agree with cophead... Times Bar, Saucer, Hibernian, but other than Monday Pint Night at Saucer, I dont think they have specials.

Well "Happy Hour" in all of North Carolina is different from many other states by NC not allowing discounts on alcohol for a certain time period--it has to be from opening to closing of a bar/restaurant. So looking for appetizer-type specials like those mentioned above would be a good bet.

I personally vouch for Raleigh Times :alc: .

The borough has had half priced appetizers for a while.

The flying saucer used to have glass nights on wednesdays at 7 -- drink the beer, keep the glass -- but I don't know if they still do.

Woody's city market has trivia some nights, all-day drink specials, and a decent crowd most times i've been there. Times Bar always has a few people as well. Not sure about Fayetville Street tavern.

I don't know what the Glenwood bars do that "early" but there always seems to be someone in/just outside of Hibernian.

It seems like "where to go" depends on familiarity and closeness to whoever makes the decision. Even the hotel bar at the Sheraton does ok, and I don't think they have any specials.

The flying saucer used to have glass nights on wednesdays at 7 -- drink the beer, keep the glass -- but I don't know if they still do.

Woody's city market has trivia some nights, all-day drink specials, and a decent crowd most times i've been there. Times Bar always has a few people as well. Not sure about Fayetville Street tavern.

I was actually talking to a co-worker of mine who moved here recently from New Jersey about this and there is some archaic law on North Carolina law books that dosent allow the traditional happy-hour as most states do. But the is a bill to get that law removed. I was in in Denver, Co a few weeks ago and had some great happy-hour food and drinks and was baffled when I thought of here and how I never really hear of a happy hour. Asked my co-worker and now I know.

NC=no happy hour.

Archived