Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tamias6

Google Map's new Street View feature

13 posts in this topic

Did anybody checkout Google Map's new Street View feature. Basically what this does is provides a photos of a street of one's choosing. However one can also see 360 degree view of the street similar to a Quick Time VR. One can also move up and down the street using arrow buttons on the picture. I'm having a blast navigating my way through San Francisco using this feature. However this feature is only available for some of the Major US cities. But I can wait to see more added.

Google Maps

that is pretty awesome I just wish that they would update the images.

A couple of times now I was browsing around the NYC area on street view. Pretty interesting.

So far there have been some interesting things captured, including a fight on the street and a woman in her car leaning in and exposing her thong.

So far there have been some interesting things captured, including a fight on the street and a woman in her car leaning in and exposing her thong.

I've also heard you can see women in one city entering a 'battered women's shelter' and privacy experts are concerned. However, if you're on a public street in view you're really not violating anything, IMO.

I've also heard you can see women in one city entering a 'battered women's shelter' and privacy experts are concerned. However, if you're on a public street in view you're really not violating anything, IMO.

The New York Times has an article about one woman who was concerned for her privacy after seeing the street view capture in front of her apartment. Apparently, you can see her cat sitting in the window and she raised privacy issues involving the cameras capturing more than just what's on the street. The image of the woman's thong has been removed.

Here's the fight: http://googlesightseeing.com/2007/06/16/street-fight/

Here's a guy picking his nose direct link

Here's a guy peeing on the side of the road direct link

And here's the story about the woman and her cat NYT article

The New York Times has an article about one woman who was concerned for her privacy after seeing the street view capture in front of her apartment. Apparently, you can see her cat sitting in the window and she raised privacy issues involving the cameras capturing more than just what's on the street. The image of the woman's thong has been removed.

Here's the fight: http://googlesightseeing.com/2007/06/16/street-fight/

Here's a guy picking his nose direct link

Here's a guy peeing on the side of the road direct link

And here's the story about the woman and her cat NYT article

I think the street view tool is a great feature. Concerning the privacy issue, it's nothing a regular person walking down the street couldn't see.

thanks for the link, those are awesome. Did you find all of them or find a site?

Where else but Urban Planet?? Thanks yall! How cool and interesting all this is! :thumbsup: The dude pickin' his nose is crazy!