Google Map's new Street View feature

tamias6

Did anybody checkout Google Map's new Street View feature. Basically what this does is provides a photos of a street of one's choosing. However one can also see 360 degree view of the street similar to a Quick Time VR. One can also move up and down the street using arrow buttons on the picture. I'm having a blast navigating my way through San Francisco using this feature. However this feature is only available for some of the Major US cities. But I can wait to see more added.

Google Maps

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The New York Times has an article about one woman who was concerned for her privacy after seeing the street view capture in front of her apartment. Apparently, you can see her cat sitting in the window and she raised privacy issues involving the cameras capturing more than just what's on the street. The image of the woman's thong has been removed.

Here's the fight: http://googlesightseeing.com/2007/06/16/street-fight/

Here's a guy picking his nose direct link

Here's a guy peeing on the side of the road direct link

And here's the story about the woman and her cat NYT article

The New York Times has an article about one woman who was concerned for her privacy after seeing the street view capture in front of her apartment. Apparently, you can see her cat sitting in the window and she raised privacy issues involving the cameras capturing more than just what's on the street. The image of the woman's thong has been removed.

Here's the fight: http://googlesightseeing.com/2007/06/16/street-fight/

Here's a guy picking his nose direct link

Here's a guy peeing on the side of the road direct link

And here's the story about the woman and her cat NYT article

Archived