Campaign Attack Ads

Spartan

Do campaign attack ads change your opinion of attacker or the attackee?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do campaign attack ads change your opinion of attacker or the attackee?

• Attacker
    • Attackee
    • Both
    • Neither
    • Who cares?

I hate campaign attack ads. To me they degrade the attacker moreso than the attackee.

I personally think that the current trend of Kerry attackting Bush's history with the National Guard and Bush attacking Kerry on this Vietnam service and protests are both crap. Plain and simple. Neither of those two issues are relevant to anything that has to do with how they will do as president. Maybe someone who has dedicated his whole life to the military would be more respectable. Someone who served a few days or a few years in the 60s certainly would have a different perspective, but its been 30 years since Vietnam, and alot can happen to a person to change their view on things since then. Its been 34 years since Vietnam ended, and I think it is time to move on from that issue.

*Please note that I mean no disrespect to Vietnam Veterans or any military servicemen. I am only talking about the current political situation.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Spartanburger. To me, it seems that the attacks degrade the attacker more than the attackee.

I get so sick of hearing Bush & Kerry attacking each other....I'm just glad I have a Tivo so I can fast foward through all the advertisments. If I didn't have that, I don't think I could stand listening to these kinds of ads from now until November. I'd probably be pulling my hair out or hitting my head against a brick wall to escape from them! Sometimes there are 2-3 political ads on during one commercial break, and every single one is an attack on the other candidate. I can't wait until the election is over so that the ads can stop. Then before you know it, it'll be election time again, and we will be bombarded with even more negative advertisments.

Archived