"Why can't we be more like Grand Rapids?" - The Patriot Ledger - Boston

GRDadof3

If you love Grand Rapids, be prepared to feel a heck of a lot of pride:

Commentary from America's Heartland - "Why can't we be more like Grand Rapids?"

Too many interesting tidbits to list about a Boston writer's first visit to Grand Rapids, and her impressions.

Thank you JoAnn Fitzpatrick (and thanks user InSecurity for the link :thumbsup: ).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grand Rapids might be doing a lot right and we just don't know it. But when you're concentrating so hard on making improvements, you tend to overlook the progress that's been made. :blush:

Vandertown, I'm going to send this link to the City. If it were me, I'd send her a thank you basket with an invitation to come back for a free weekend to visit the sights (if she didn't get to see a lot while she was here).

Very cool! Doesn't even sound like she came here knowing she'd be writing a story about us. I know the CVB occasionally carts boatloads of travel journalists around GR and the Lakeshore - she wasn't one of those. We all inspired her! YAY!

I wonder if she bought anything downtown?! :whistling:

*fish

Very cool! Doesn't even sound like she came here knowing she'd be writing a story about us. I know the CVB occasionally carts boatloads of travel journalists around GR and the Lakeshore - she wasn't one of those. We all inspired her! YAY!

I wonder if she bought anything downtown?! :whistling:

*fish

Archived