Thoughts on Branson, MO

slyder1

I wanted to start a topic to see what people outside of Missouri/Arkansas/Oklahoma thought about Branson or if you even know where Branson is and what its all about. Is there much advertising in your area? Anything?

It's hard to know what the nations perception is or if theres even one.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wanted to start a topic to see what people outside of Missouri/Arkansas/Oklahoma thought about Branson or if you even know where Branson is and what its all about. Is there much advertising in your area? Anything?

It's hard to know what the nations perception is or if theres even one.

I find that interesting, considering all of the somewhat negative pop references the city has had over the years. Not that the city is bad, but that it gets lumped in with other supposedly "uncool" tourist destinations (Dollywood, Grand Ole Opry, etc.)

I find that interesting, considering all of the somewhat negative pop references the city has had over the years. Not that the city is bad, but that it gets lumped in with other supposedly "uncool" tourist destinations (Dollywood, Grand Ole Opry, etc.)

Yeah, I know what you mean. Branson certianly does get thrown in with all of those cliche's. For those of you who don't know, Branson is known as the "Live Music Entertainment Capitol" of the U.S. Besides that it boasts some great theme parks such as Silver Dollar City, Celebration City... and the new Brason Landing.

Branson is mainly advertised in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Kansas. I believe they just recently added Illinois and Indiana to the mix.

I've heard people in Michigan refer to it as "the RV Capital of the U.S." and the "Veteran's Capital of the U.S.. I guess because a lot of retirees and veterans would drive their RV's out to Branson for a good time, see country music shows, etc...

I always assumed it was a mix between Nashville, Vegas, Gatlinburg Tennessee, Traverse City and Wisconsin Dells, all rolled into one. :dontknow:

I've seen ads in the Sunday section of the Grand Rapids Press.

• 5 months later...

I took a vacation to Branson as a child (must have been 1990-'91 or so). While my memories of Branson are those of a ten-year-old, I had a great time, and I have many fond memories of the trip. In particular, I remember having fun at Silver Dollar City, touring Marvel Cave, and staying at Caboose Junction.

That said, I haven't seen any sort of advertising for Branson here in New England, and most of the people I've talked to about it have either not heard of it or didn't see the attraction. Honestly, I'm not sure what made my parents decide to vacation there, but I'm certainly glad they did.

• 1 month later...

Original Branson is actually pretty neat. The Branson strip however is not impressive at all. It looks like you're typical run of the mill sprawled out suburban corridor but instead of a bunch of chain restaurants, mini malls, and auto dealers...it's a lot of theaters. And not the good type of theater that one would find in a tradional small town...we are talking theaters sitting in seas of parking lots. Granted some of the architecture is at least...ummm 'unique'.

Archived