Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Russ-Vegas

Russellville: New Convention Center and Hotel

Russ-Vegas    0

Next month, residents will vote on extending a one cent sales tax for another six years.

Most of the money raised will fund road improvements, but some will go to a new 60,000 square foot convention center attached to a six to nine story Mariott hotel.... ...heck yeah!!...

"I think this is the greatest thing in Russellville in a number of years," Roy Reaves, Liberty Bank CEO says. "Imagine a huge billboard, 32 to 36,000 cars a day drive down I-40. Can you imagine this huge billboard of a hotel and convention center with the lake in the background?"

Right now, Russellville has a small convention center that can hold a little over 100 people. A new one would hold over 1,000.

The vote passed and construction should begin as early as 2009..

bigboyz05    1
Next month, residents will vote on extending a one cent sales tax for another six years.

Most of the money raised will fund road improvements, but some will go to a new 60,000 square foot convention center attached to a six to nine story Mariott hotel.... ...heck yeah!!...

"I think this is the greatest thing in Russellville in a number of years," Roy Reaves, Liberty Bank CEO says. "Imagine a huge billboard, 32 to 36,000 cars a day drive down I-40. Can you imagine this huge billboard of a hotel and convention center with the lake in the background?"

Right now, Russellville has a small convention center that can hold a little over 100 people. A new one would hold over 1,000.

The vote passed and construction should begin as early as 2009..

mcheiss    1

So this would be right off I-40?

I think it's a great idea, since a huge hotel like this is needed in a college town like Russellville. I wonder what kind of Marriott it will be?