Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cltheel.sdl

Favorite Charlotte Developer

Favorite Charlotte Developer   39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite?

• The Boulevard Company
    • Conformity Corporation
    • Boulevard Centro
    • Tuscan Development
    • The Drakeford Company
    • Crosland
    • Citiline Development
    • Other (please specify)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 posts in this topic

I know on this site there are a few developers whose projects stand out to everybody. So, I was trying to get a general consensus from UP on who is our favorite urban Charlotte developer. The basis for the poll is to determine who is Charlotte's most responsible and well respected developer when it comes to urban infill and design, green features, and historic preservation. The poll will also focus more on low and mid-rise developments rather than high-rise condos going up.

I believe there was already a poll like this, but I'll still answer honestly.

Looking at projects like the Rutzler and Southborough which is erasing many of the negatives of a big box, hard to argue with Conformity Corp.

Yea, i agree. Looking at conformitys portfolio, theyre far superior to the rest.

It's interesting there there has been another topic started called why does the architecture suck in Charlotte.

Grubbs' two projects currently underway, Elizabeth Ave and Morrison near South Park, make the company a contender.

Pappas' Metropolitan is starting to make the company appear is if they finally "get it."

Grubbs' two projects currently underway, Elizabeth Ave and Morrison near South Park, make the company a contender.

Pappas' Metropolitan is starting to make the company appear is if they finally "get it."

I was browsing Urban Planet, and came across this project in Nashville. The developer is none other than Charlotte's own Crosland. Is anyone aware of the reasoning as to why they are turning out urban infill in Nashville yet in their home town, they are content to boast about some massive suburban development around an intersection that didn't even exist 7 years ago......

griffin_plaza_rendering.jpg

Hopefully they have something like this in mind for The Arbors apartments on N. Graham or the strip center/old HQ down by Queen Park.

They absorbed the boutique firm that was originally responsible for "The Gulch". Armistead Barkley I think. "Absorbed" might be the wrong word....could be a strategic partnership.

I'd like to know about the "other"s who have taken 1 in 5 votes. Apparently some crowd favorites were not mentioned in the initial list. Who are they?