Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

5/3 Bank Building Renovations?

34 posts in this topic

Anyone know the scoop? The 5/3 building is fenced off and there is a Rockford Construction sign there. I'm guessing it's just interior renovations, but anyone know for sure?

Anyone know the scoop? The 5/3 building is fenced off and there is a Rockford Construction sign there. I'm guessing it's just interior renovations, but anyone know for sure?

I know that they are redoing the plaza. I don't know if they are doing any interior work or not. It was supposed to happen before Festival but it got put off until after.

Just looked out the window and they are renovating the entire third floor. You can actually see through the windows of the building to the trees on the other side.

I don't know if it's by accident or design, but they're killing the trees in the process. I guess they've turned off the water supply (assuming they have sprinklers) and it seems such a shame to let the trees go to waste in that way. View from above / View from above [2]

Just looked out the window and they are renovating the entire third floor. You can actually see through the windows of the building to the trees on the other side.

What a waste. It seems like those trees could find a good home somewhere. Maybe they'd be hard to remove from those concrete planters (?)

Yup Waters Building 4th floor

What a waste. It seems like those trees could find a good home somewhere. Maybe they'd be hard to remove from those concrete planters (?)

So no chance of a facade labotomy? I hate the 5/3 building. bleck

Joe

5/3 is going to look even more dumpy compared to the proposed 275 Fulton development if that gets built.

I hope they are preparing the surface to be planted like a green roof.

They are laying down a membrane to waterproof the surface so maybe the dirt and landscaping will be done next week.

We can hope right?

I hope they are preparing the surface to be planted like a green roof...

We can hope right?

Nope, no green roof. But the planters will all be replaced.

Do you have the inside scoop, Explorer?

I don't think there is much of an inside scoop to be had. Not a real interesting or far reaching project, IMO. I have a friend on the project, and as far as I know, there isn't even renderings available - even to crews. But the main focus is the waterproofing membrane and pour. It would have great to have added a green roof, I'm sure there would have been great possibilities. Hopefully the replacement trees and so forth are still a step up. They have a great palette to work with, we'll see... maybe the cosmetic details will go way beyond the concrete slab...

I do know that they are renovating the 3rd floor.

Quick update - the railing along ottawa by the plaza is now gone, as is pretty much all of the plaza concrete. Per my cousin, who works in the tax offices on down under the plaza, they're replacing the rubber membrane in order to deal with some pretty bad leakage. He said that one guy in his office actually drapes his desk with garbage bags at night just in case of rain, or he'll be in danger of losing a lot of important documents to flooding.

1143677956_92cf7f11c5_b.jpg

Quick update - the railing along ottawa by the plaza is now gone, as is pretty much all of the plaza concrete. Per my cousin, who works in the tax offices on down under the plaza, they're replacing the rubber membrane in order to deal with some pretty bad leakage. He said that one guy in his office actually drapes his desk with garbage bags at night just in case of rain, or he'll be in danger of losing a lot of important documents to flooding.

Give them some credit - they're giving up their risky behavior for safe banking. They'll be wearing a rubber from now on.

Oh goodness. I can't believe I just made that joke. Please forgive me... :o