5/3 Bank Building Renovations?

GRDadof3

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope they are preparing the surface to be planted like a green roof.

They are laying down a membrane to waterproof the surface so maybe the dirt and landscaping will be done next week.

We can hope right?

I don't think there is much of an inside scoop to be had. Not a real interesting or far reaching project, IMO. I have a friend on the project, and as far as I know, there isn't even renderings available - even to crews. But the main focus is the waterproofing membrane and pour. It would have great to have added a green roof, I'm sure there would have been great possibilities. Hopefully the replacement trees and so forth are still a step up. They have a great palette to work with, we'll see... maybe the cosmetic details will go way beyond the concrete slab...

• 1 month later...

Quick update - the railing along ottawa by the plaza is now gone, as is pretty much all of the plaza concrete. Per my cousin, who works in the tax offices on down under the plaza, they're replacing the rubber membrane in order to deal with some pretty bad leakage. He said that one guy in his office actually drapes his desk with garbage bags at night just in case of rain, or he'll be in danger of losing a lot of important documents to flooding.

1143677956_92cf7f11c5_b.jpg

Quick update - the railing along ottawa by the plaza is now gone, as is pretty much all of the plaza concrete. Per my cousin, who works in the tax offices on down under the plaza, they're replacing the rubber membrane in order to deal with some pretty bad leakage. He said that one guy in his office actually drapes his desk with garbage bags at night just in case of rain, or he'll be in danger of losing a lot of important documents to flooding.

Archived