When will 385 Bill Morris Pwky Open east of 72?

Chatfim

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will probably be a while. Two section connecting Eads and I-40 could open in early 2008. There is one part that was just recently let for construction. Being that this section has 15 or so bridges on it and no site work has been done, I am guessing the whole project won't be completed till around 2010.

I heard on the news about a week ago that the section from I-40 to Highway 64 will be completed in August and the and the remainder or part of the remainder will be completed in September. I live out in Arlington and it looks like all they need to do at the section between exit 24 and highway 64 is put paint down and signs up.

This site should give some information about the project. http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/sr385/

I would not expect the project to be completed by september...november might be more reasonable. The state seems to have a little bit of a deadline problem, they usually don't finish a project on time unless the governor or commissioner wants it completed on time. This is not one of the projects.

Archived