Providence and Illegal Immigration

webbage

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is an outrage. You have here an elected official sworn to obey the laws deliberately acting to stop enforcement of law..federal law in this case. It is a clear effort to permit non-enforcement of the invasion of illegal aliens into our nation.

Note the use of "undocumented" instead of illegal. Let me ask you, if I break into your home, hide in a room for several days, and then are discovered, do you call the police and have me arrested and removed or have I earned the right to stay? Am I an uninvited guest or a criminal intruder?

Does the next ordinance stop police from enforcing the burglary of your home if it is done by an "undocu

mented"? How about being a sanctuary for all criminals - foreign and domestic?

This guy must be stopped and I, now that I am a resident of the city, will take this one to the wall. I intend to write to him, th Mayor, my Councilman, and Esserman.

while i have mixed feelings on the whole issue of illegal immigrants and what's going on in congress right now (or not going on since they couldn't get it to vote), i don't think the city law enforcement should be ignoring federal law.

illegal immigrants are important to our country, whether you think so or not. they work jobs that most americans wouldn't even consider working, some of these jobs are important, like farm hands and maintenance. in many cases, they work for less than minimum wage. why? because it's still a whole lot more money than they'd make if they were in their own countries. in that way, they're better off here. however, i think that those laws should be changed rather than kicking out the immigrants and building walls that will be scaled and fences that will be cut and having armed guards at the nations borders watching for people looking for a better life for their children. isn't that what this country is about to begin with?

This is and will continue to be such a controversial and passionate topic. I would offer that I am not a supporter of a lot of what the article is talking about, but I understand the position. I just dont agree with it.

i hate that argument even on the main board. I know the owners of a company (cleaning) and they couldn't get an american to work that job. they don't pay below min. wage, they pay somewhere in the 9 dollar range, which is still decent. But you would never get americans to do these jobs(and keep them past a month) and people say it is the business owners who are at fault. If anything they are helpnig keep the economy in a cycle. The american dream is not about dropping out of school and becoming a maintance worker, it is getting an education and living a successful and comfortable life. Why should we cater to americans who wont take advantage of an education?

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived