Any updates on Drayton Tower?

slightlyoff

Are there any updates on the progress of Drayton Tower? Has anyone bought in there? I know that they were selling floors as raw space, but what about the condos? I've seen some listings ($280,000 for 1,296 sq. ft.), but are these also raw space? Do they include bathrooms, kitchens, etc? Or is everything up to the owner to do themselves?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do believe they have sold off a few condos, but dont quote me on that im not totally sure. as for what they include i have no idea. i dont know that its looking alot better from the outside than it was. seems to have been cleaned up a good bit.

i just had an idea.

there was a time when savannahs skylinewas a bit larger, but several tall buildings were torn down. i think they should rebuild one or two of those buildingsand make it condos or office or whatever. that would be a neat project trying to replicate one of them.

• 1 year later...

According to a realtor involved in the project, renovations to the building's infrastructure were 90% complete in July. Residents are expected to begin moving in soon if they haven't already, and it'll probably be about two years before all of the building's units are finished and fully occupied. The original 188 apartments are being converted into about 88 luxury condos. The nine storefronts in the building are now fully leased with local businesses.

I have to admit that I used to think that Drayton Tower was one of the ugliest buildings on earth, but I like what's been done with it. The old girl cleaned up well.

Drayton Tower to have residents again soon

Local retailers embrace Drayton Tower

The Renaissance of Drayton Tower

Archived