Belle Meade Condo Tower

ATLBrain

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta say, I'm not happy about this. I don't like the location (between kenner & Woodmont) and I don't like the look and height of it. I hadn't heard much about it lately and was hoping the project was dead. I guess the demo of those three houses should have told me something. Traffic at Woodmont and Harding is only going to get more miserable.

I gotta say, I'm not happy about this. I don't like the location (between kenner & Woodmont) and I don't like the look and height of it. I hadn't heard much about it lately and was hoping the project was dead. I guess the demo of those three houses should have told me something. Traffic at Woodmont and Harding is only going to get more miserable.

It's unfortunate that this plan didn't provide access to Kenner to take the pressure off the Woodmont intersection but 30 units isn't going to contribute much to the traffic mess. Like you I don't think this location is all that great for urban living but I'm glad to see they're doing pre-sales. If there is a market for it fine but if not we'd be much better off not having The West End II on our hands.

Good points. I hate to see the further encroachment of the Woodmont/Kenner neighborhood by mid-rises. I guess its better than all the duplexes and houses behind houses that are going up, though...or is it?

In contrast, I am reasonably happy with the look and location of Tony G's, Belle Meade Court.

I think that both this project and the one Tony is doing with the Atlanta group will be attractive. Tony's will definitely go forward because his development partner, Newport, is very experienced and announced that construction financing is already in place. This new building is contingent on presales at very high prices but it's such a small project I think they'll probably be successful. I think it's 65-35 that it moves ahead. Again, if it does I think it will fit in nicely and perhaps take some attention off the ugly brick office building beside it.

• 7 months later...
yes, that is the planned location. coda is the developer of this project but as you will see on their website they have struggled to sell their only other luxury condo, the whitney. according to their website they've only sold 3 of 15 units in this one even though it's nearing completion. i doubt they will start construction on the belle meade project until they see more progress with the whitney.

http://www.codacorp.net/

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

If it were DT, then it would not be special anymore. People will pay big bucks to have a Belle Meade address. Remember this is "status symbol land". :)

You are correct, however, this building will be something I would call unique rather than special, but I know where you are coming from.

That little quote is from a song that is 40 years old from the Monkee's. Some things never change.

Archived