Thayer Street Crosswalks

reverand

What is the deal with the new Thayer Street crosswalks!!! Not only has it taken them 2 years to finish the 3 crossings but they are hideous. They look like a manhole cover that has been repeated over and over. I will try to take a picture for anyone who hasnt seen it yet.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is the deal with the new Thayer Street crosswalks!!! Not only has it taken them 2 years to finish the 3 crossings but they are hideous. They look like a manhole cover that has been repeated over and over.

I heard that the intent behind the crosswalks is visual distraction and safety. Basically, because they're so funnylooking, drivers will slow down and say "what's that funnylooking crosswalk?" rather than just zooming through intersections. Go figure.

I was on Thayer today and I will say i am surprised they actually finished them. I don't mind them, I think it will look better once they finish all the sidewalks and those are new with white concrete. Right now they stick out to much, but they will blend in better eventually.

Also the blaze sign in ridiculous, and I ate at East side Pockets today and had a grasshopper in my salad. I think it was mixed in the produce box, but it was gross.

I heard that the intent behind the crosswalks is visual distraction and safety. Basically, because they're so funnylooking, drivers will slow down and say "what's that funnylooking crosswalk?" rather than just zooming through intersections. Go figure.

they STILL haven't finished the one they started between thayer and angell last november, and they've done three other crosswalks since then. also, did anyone watch them put them down? a man with the most muscly arms i've ever seen stood around while someone about thirty years his elder used all the big machines.

Archived