new park project in front of BB&T

swu_BA_student

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Major reconstructive work on the roads to sink College, much like Beattie is sunk near the Gateway Site. This is something that really excites me about the future of downtown (among many other proposed ideas). I hope that it takes shape during Knox's next term.

I'm not sure I understand your question?

I don't dislike the "fountain," but I guess I was thinking about something large and dramatic that shot water into the air - not a wall that has water running down the front of it. Make no mistake, it is going to be a huge improvement. It's just different than I imagined it would be. :)

• 1 month later...

^ I was by there today and looks like the foundation work is really coming along. In looking at the footprint of the foundation, this will be much larger than the rendering lead us to believe. There will plenty of fountain area, walkway area, etc.....it's pretty sizable.

They grow or sell strawberries in the area? :dontknow:

^ I was by there today and looks like the foundation work is really coming along. In looking at the footprint of the foundation, this will be much larger than the rendering lead us to believe. There will plenty of fountain area, walkway area, etc.....it's pretty sizable.

They grow or sell strawberries in the area? :dontknow:

Archived