Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swu_BA_student

new park project in front of BB&T

38 posts in this topic

Thanks for doing this!

I thought I remembered a different rendering. Am I wrong? Anyway, it's kind of... dissapointing? I'll wait to see the final project I guess.

I do believe that this is the gateway to the west side of Greenville that everyone has been wanting. Looks nice.

I do believe that this is the gateway to the west side of Greenville that everyone has been wanting. Looks nice.

It looks like a rip-off of the Riverplace fountain, where the water runs down a wall and into a small wading pool.

Can we expect a cool set of train tracks on this one, too? :lol:

Thanks for doing this!

I thought I remembered a different rendering. Am I wrong? Anyway, it's kind of... dissapointing? I'll wait to see the final project I guess.

Now if something could be done about Poinsett Highway between Stone Avenue and Cherrydale...

Amen to that!

Major reconstructive work on the roads to sink College, much like Beattie is sunk near the Gateway Site. This is something that really excites me about the future of downtown (among many other proposed ideas). I hope that it takes shape during Knox's next term.

I'm not sure I understand your question?

It's simple...

This is fantasy:

267434157_726fd8bdb5.jpg

This is reality:

0622071532-00.jpg

In all seriousness, there will be far more required to encourage pedestrian traffic between Main Street and Heritage Green. This fountain/plaza is only a small part of the overall puzzle. :)

I don't dislike the "fountain," but I guess I was thinking about something large and dramatic that shot water into the air - not a wall that has water running down the front of it. Make no mistake, it is going to be a huge improvement. It's just different than I imagined it would be. :)

but I guess I was thinking about something large and dramatic that shot water into the air

The rendering is off scale a bit, I think. The fountain wall is supposed to be 12' high, as I recall from the article in the Journal. Also, those crosswalks are supposed to be brick pavers, if I recall correctly.

How is this coming? I never get to this part of downtown unless it's strawberry season.

^ I was by there today and looks like the foundation work is really coming along. In looking at the footprint of the foundation, this will be much larger than the rendering lead us to believe. There will plenty of fountain area, walkway area, etc.....it's pretty sizable.

They grow or sell strawberries in the area? :dontknow:

^ I was by there today and looks like the foundation work is really coming along. In looking at the footprint of the foundation, this will be much larger than the rendering lead us to believe. There will plenty of fountain area, walkway area, etc.....it's pretty sizable.

They grow or sell strawberries in the area? :dontknow:

That's a nice park. The layout of that lot also looks like it could hold a Flatiron-type building.

That's a nice park. The layout of that lot also looks like it could hold a Flatiron-type building.

Indeed. That's what I've been hoping for, but so much for this location. Oh well.

Maybe the Gateway site will produce a flatiron type building...???

Thanks. and no, sorry. I have to go through downtown to get to Marietta to get Strawberries. So, I either go Pete Hollis or Poinsett depending on my mood. So that's the only time I ever pass by Heritage Green really...

By the way, on the subject of Flatiron type buildings, the best is out Pendleton Street near Art Bomb, in an area I'd love to see make a great rebirth.....great little village / urban area.

:thumbsup: Marietta is a big area for strawberries? I'm still learning these things about the area. I do a similar thing each year in late Sept / early Oct.....drive up to Hendersonville and take the road over to Chimney Rock and stop at all the apple stands. Yum! Hot apples pies! :wub:

Beechwood Farms off Hwy 276, I presume, among other strawberry farms in the area.