16 Year Old Marriage

dgreco

The parents shouldn't have signed off and allowed this. It is primarily their fault for giving in to their daughter and signing the consent letter. This being the case, I don't see how they have grounds for suing the school system, although the system should have been on top of this and that girl just doesn't realize how big of a mistake she is making.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be frightened to ever get married these days. The majority of my close friends' parents are all divorced, and those that aren't are miserable cheaters. It's very sad but the 'institution of marriage' has been all but dismantled in the past decade. And yet I still hear people say that allowing gays to marry will ruin marriage, as if it's not already ruined!

I would be frightened to ever get married these days. The majority of my close friends' parents are all divorced, and those that aren't are miserable cheaters. It's very sad but the 'institution of marriage' has been all but dismantled in the past decade. And yet I still hear people say that allowing gays to marry will ruin marriage, as if it's not already ruined!

I find it funny that one of the first posts called the guy a pedophile, as if a 16 year old isn't fully sexually developed or something. That's not what's going on here.

16 is just too young to marry; it's generally better to test the water at least a bit before diving in like that. I guess she really wants that money.

• 3 weeks later...

The 16-year-old teen who married her 40-year-old coach went to court against her parents on yesterday, they showed up in court to claim more than $1,000 in gifts she got from her parents, some of the items included were a Beanie Baby collection and a play station.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived