Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

titanhog

The West End

17 posts in this topic

I know there's gotta be a previous thread on this, but I couldn't locate it.

I was driving down West End Ave. over by J. Alexander's across from Vandy headed towards 440 when I looked up the street and saw this HUGE building that absolutely takes up the entire view. I guess it's the West End that I've heard people talk about, but I never had any idea it was this big. It's like 15 stories high (or at least it seemed that way). Does anyone have photos? It totally alters the view of the building where Magiano's and Outback are. I only got a glance, so I'm not sure if I like it or hate it, but man...as huge as it is, I can't believe more people aren't talking about it.

I only got a glance, so I'm not sure if I like it or hate it, but man...as huge as it is, I can't believe more people aren't talking about it.

They'll be talking about it soon enough. After 18 months of trying they've still only sold a handful of units and I'm told two of those are to the project's partners. Given that they're almost done with it I presume most buyers won't be able to customize anything. That won't help their sales considering how high their prices are. I'm afraid this one's going to land pretty hard amd the consequences of this one failing severely could impact others at similar price points.

I live across the street from this, so it's definitely been on my radar. I think it's only 10 stories, although it does look much more imposing than that.

I would have liked this to be built where the Walgreen's parking lot is. It would have been a great focal point for that West End/31st intersection if it sat directly where the old Jacksonian used to be.

But it's an attractive building. I'm glad it's there and I hope it does well. It's kind of a third sister to those two grey/black mid-rises that are in the same area.

I saw a new banner hanging on the side of the building this morning. The developer looks to have dumped Pilkerton in favor of Worth to try and get some sales going. They needed to try doing something different IMO. Reducing prices would also help.

This one I tend to agree with you on, as I was shocked to see that they receives financing with only a handful sold. That is unless there web site is way out of date. If I remember right there were only 2 or 3 showing as sold when this started construction. There has not been a marketing push on this one as compared to others in the DT/MIDTOWN area

Personally, I think it's a nondescript eyesore. What is there to like about this building, architecturally?

I have not seen this in person, but the pictures make it look like a wedding cake that has been sitting in the sun for a few hours. :sick:

I live across the street from this, so it's definitely been on my radar. I think it's only 10 stories, although it does look much more imposing than that.

I would have liked this to be built where the Walgreen's parking lot is. It would have been a great focal point for that West End/31st intersection if it sat directly where the old Jacksonian used to be.

But it's an attractive building. I'm glad it's there and I hope it does well. It's kind of a third sister to those two grey/black mid-rises that are in the same area.

This is scary, indeed. The developer says he thinks he can sell it out in about a year. Chances of that are extremely slim. He'll have to slash prices to have chance, in my opinion. For his sake, I hope he doesn't lose too much overall on the project.

Wow. I feel sorry for the guy. He's gonna have to end up slashing prices and basically taking what he can get...or turn the place into an apartment building.

actually, i dont see this as bad, nashville, especially west end, needs more upscale apartments.... this is good in my eyes