IN PROGRESS: WaterPlace | Intercontinental

I went buy the morning the projo had published the article about the parcel 2 or 6 witch ever is not g tech. I spoke with the guys doing the digging and asked them what was up. They told me they were just doing some digging so they could make a bid for the job. I showed them the picture in the paper and they were stunned that it was there. A happy stunned... they were so happy about all the work they are getting... i dont know who they worked for but they were really proud to be part of the rising city.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isn't that special! :blush:

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just visited ADD Inc's website and noticed that they moved this project from their work in progress section to their portfolio section, which is a good sign I guess. I thought they usually wait untill a project is finished before adding it to their portfolio. See ya at the groundbreaking ceremony :D

• 3 weeks later...

Expect the steel to go up around Nov. and done by May 2006

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Steel in November... How does that affect the latest Mid-April groundbreaking date (by the way, it is Mid-April now!)? As seen with GTECH, steel is a ways off from the actual groundbreaking.

Is groundbreaking pushed back, possibly having less impact on this summer's WaterFires?

The groundbreaking date is May 9, Iselin said. The builders will tackle the parking garage first.

May 9th doesn't do anything to help the WaterFire season. However, the fact that they are starting with the garage, which is at the back of the parcel, may mean the Riverwalk is not affected for a little while into the construction schedule. I wonder if they will be able to open, and generate revenue from the garage while the towers are being built.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to a city council member last night who said the ground breaking will be in about two weeks. He mentioned a specific date but I've stupidly forgotten it. I'll try to ask again but in the mean time, everything looks like a go!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good news!

Archived