IN PROGRESS: WaterPlace | Intercontinental

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will phase 2 of parcel 2 be decided after the construction of phase 1 is complete?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I remember reading a while back. I think Phase 2 could possibly be a hotel and an office building. Dig back into the UP message archive. I seem to remember one of the early photos of a model mockup had two darker buildings in back that represented where future building could take place...

- Garris

Spoke to a city council member last night who said the ground breaking will be in about two weeks. He mentioned a specific date but I've stupidly forgotten it. I'll try to ask again but in the mean time, everything looks like a go!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent news! I'm glad it's finally happening.

Now we just need the G/B announcement for One Ten Westminster!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Latest word is November, which is pushed up from the previously announced December date.

will phase 2 of parcel 2 be decided after the construction of phase 1 is complete?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The mayor wants phase 2 to include an office tower. The developer isn't on board with that yet seeing how the current office market is here. But I would imagine 5 years between the completion of phase 1 and the start of phase 2, our office market could be very different then.

Dig back into the UP message archive.

There was a backhoe sitting on the parcel this morning.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like they can't wait to get started. Beat all those other developers :) With all the construction that will be going on in the city this year it could be a nightmare navigating the streets, for both vehicles and pedestrains.

With all the construction that will be going on in the city this year it could be a nightmare navigating the streets, for both vehicles and pedestrains.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was thinking of that in regards to the Westin tower, especially for pedestrians. They are basically building out that entire parcel to the curb. They gotta hurry up and get that external escalator to the skybridge open.

There was a bunch of activity around Parcel 2 this morning. Several pick up trucks with men in hard hats with drawings in hand milling about on Exchange Street and on Finance Way. There are also Temporary No Parking signs put up by the city on Exchange Street, I did not see the effective time on the signs, but they usually put them up no more than 24 hours ahead of time.

I hope they don't block off anymore sidewalks like they did for GTECH, especially Exchange street north of Memorial BLVD, I need that to get up to Capitol Hill this summer from Kennedy Plaza.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exchange Street is wide enough that they can put a temporary pedestrian walkway in the street if they need to close the sidewalk. Could be why we have no parking signs out there this morning.

A lot of people who went to the mall parked on Exchange St but who now can't. Also, many parked on Francis St. which is closed due to contruction on the masonic building. I wonder what effect this will have on mall business if any. Some people refuse to park in the mall garage which was clearly designed in hell.

Some people refuse to park in the mall garage which was clearly designed in hell.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isn't it only a dollar though with validation. A dollar and the hell that the garage apparently is, seems a small price to pay for a convenient, guaranteed parking spot. The garage is never full.

The Convention Center garage is relatively cheap for Downcity parking as well, and it is very under utilized.

There is no more validation at the mall which at first sounds bad but is actually better. It's still just a dollar for any time parked under 3 hours (same as if you had it validated before). From there it goes up sharply but I can't imagine spending more than 3 hours in a mall anyway... seems like a good deal to me.

There is no more validation at the mall which at first sounds bad but is actually better. It's still just a dollar for any time parked under 3 hours (same as if you had it validated before). From there it goes up sharply but I can't imagine spending more than 3 hours in a mall anyway...  seems like a good deal to me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's great actually, I'm forever being annoyed about being asked about my parking validation. "No, I walked thank you."

There is no more validation at the mall which at first sounds bad but is actually better. It's still just a dollar for any time parked under 3 hours (same as if you had it validated before). From there it goes up sharply but I can't imagine spending more than 3 hours in a mall anyway...  seems like a good deal to me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just going to the movies is 3 hours

Isn't it only a dollar though with validation. A dollar and the hell that the garage apparently is, seems a small price to pay for a convenient, guaranteed parking spot. The garage is never full.

The Convention Center garage is relatively cheap for Downcity parking as well, and it is very under utilized.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The garage is never full?????????? I'm afraid that you are quite wrong. During weekend waterfires or events at the dunk or convention center the garage is quiet full. And don't even try to get in there the day after Christmas. Any combination of events downtown means a full garage. And what's going to happen when the masonic hotel comes online? They've reserved parking spaces for their quests. Paying for parking here dosen't bother me, it's the design and layout of the parking spaces and lanes, structures.......etc. They were suppose to paint the interior of the garage white years ago but never did.

Archived