Urban NJ for a young professional

nogajr

Im a young professional that will soon be working in Long Branch. Are there any good places (with other young professionals, decent nightlife, singles-scene) in that area to live that dont require a long commute? Ive heard Hoboken is the place to be, but that seems kinda far. From what I see, Red Bank seems like my best bet. Any opinions?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'd say Red Bank is the best bet too. Some of the shore towns are good if you want to live AT the beach. Asbury Park is a popular spot for gays and lesbians, though it has some really rough areas. Long Branch itself is seeing a lot of redevelopment and is "coming back" so to speak, but more with the empty-nest middle-age condo crowd, not so much young professionals. New Brunswick might be doable, but that's getting kinda far. Hoboken, Morristown, Montclair, Jersey City (all those hipster North Jersey towns) are going to be way too far to commute from. Red Bank would be the first thing I'd look into, followed by the shore towns, and suburban sprawly places like Middletown and Freehold as a last resort! haha. Good luck!

Archived