Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yankee Fan

Ridiculous Item of the day

11 posts in this topic

Just passed a guy standing out on Alpine AVE with a small cardboard sign that said "WILL WORK FOR FOOD". Just behind him in the strip mall were 2 restraunts with "NOW HIRING" signs.

"here's your sign".....

If it was near Center Ave. (the street that splits Green Ridge Square into its two parts, I affectionately call them the Target side, and the Toys R Us side.) that guy has been there for ages. Hes like a fixture on Alpine Ave.

Its always interesting to see him there with his sign as I'm going through Taco Bell's Drive-Thru for my morning diarrhea, and TB always has a help wanted sign.

WOT. A couple of days ago I saw a scraggly looking homeless fellow standing on the intersection of Alpine an Richmond. He was holding a sign that read "Hungry Vietnam Vet. Will work for food" I believe this is the same guy you saw. I hate to sound like I'm picking on him. But it looked like he also had a bicycle with him. Unless he has a physical problem that would hamper his riding ability, God's Kitchen is about a fifteen minute bike ride away. It sounds mean to say that. But at least he would not have to humiliate what little pride he may have left by begging for food from complete strangers. Also, God's Kitchen would most likely be able to at least point him to programs that could help him out of his disposition.

Just passed a guy standing out on Alpine AVE with a small cardboard sign that said "WILL WORK FOR FOOD". Just behind him in the strip mall were 2 restraunts with "NOW HIRING" signs.

"here's your sign".....

. . unfettered litigiousness . . . say that 10x fast . . .

Ridiculous Item of the Day:

People actually WILL deny you entrance to someplace if you aren't wearing the right kind of shoes, even if you live 30 minutes away.