Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swu_BA_student

CONSTRUCTION THREAD: New Fresh Market

16 posts in this topic

It's on pleasantburg across from the open book where that hotel used to be. Where larens and pleasantburg cross.

OH! Duh. This is in my neck of the woods. :ph34r: I can't wait to see what hopefully will be a massive transformation of this intersection area

I wonder if this will spur anything further redevelopment in the area. It certainly will big a big improvement by itself.

I can't believe they're just going to leave E.North Street. So many people I know shop there and live in the vicinity.

It's quite a hike from Greer you know. :mellow:

I wonder if this will spur anything further redevelopment in the area. It certainly will big a big improvement by itself.

I can't believe they're just going to leave E.North Street. So many people I know shop there and live in the vicinity.

If the planned "transit-friendly" neighborhood is built, it will be nearby, along with the newly renovated Carolina First Center and the always growing University Center. That whole area is really in the midst of positive change which I believe could have an impact on the future growth of the Pleasantburg Drive Business Corridor. :)

I always thought this kind of direct competition seemed strange till I had my own business and learned that by having two similiar stores closer to each other actually can help both of them become more successful. Garner's and Fresh Market are not exact competitors, each does some thing differernt. You will have some people go to Garner's for one thing, not find it and go across the street to Fresh Market and vice versa. Both will also try to compete more as well. In addition to competition each store can benefit for a kind of partnership by being so close to each other.