Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadVlad

So, I bought a new cell phone...

11 posts in this topic

I have a choice of about 10 midi songs on my new cell, which is horrible. Anyone know of any safe ringtone sites that have a good selection? And yes, this is a serious post.

I have a choice of about 10 midi songs on my new cell, which is horrible. Anyone know of any safe ringtone sites that have a good selection? And yes, this is a serious post.

I'll throw in the same question only in my case its a Tracfone.

I use AT&T, but they have a limited selection on their website...

I agree about the poor quality of regular ringtones available by default. My wife and I just purchased a couple KRZR's and in trying to pick a ringtone we were both unsatisfied with the default offerings and I refuse to PAY for a regular ring that isn't annoying. I think I've forgotten what a decent ringtone sounded like. :(

All I want is a ring, but I'm definitely in the minority there.

Tamias6, how do you like the Tracfon? I've been considering getting a 20$ one for emergencies. I'm not a huge fan of cells and the monthly bills that come with them.

I too just got a new mobile phone and was disappointed in the choice of ringtones that were included with it. I think that the phone companies must be doing it on purpose so we have to spend more money downloading one we actually like. What really gets me is that I went from a RAZR to a RAZR vXX and it doesn't have the standard Motorola ringtones I'd become accustomed to in my past four phones. It doesn't even have the irritating "hello moto" that I thought was required on all Motorola equipment.

I think Verizon is the worst about this, Sprint the best. All of them take out the good stuff that come with the phones and replace it with crappy items that you are expected to pay to upgrade.

Well, I ended up using the "record audio" feature to record what I wanted. It actually worked out ok....

Tamias6, how do you like the Tracfon? I've been considering getting a 20$ one for emergencies. I'm not a huge fan of cells and the monthly bills that come with them.

I agree for the most part the default ones suck. I have a Treo, and made my own using a clip from a song.

Check with the provider, they might have a site that they recommend.