Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

Michelin on Main

105 posts in this topic

I was just thinking, "Where can I buy a shirt that helps advertise Michelin?" and now my question is answered! I hope that Meineke mufflers opens a merchandise operation downtown. I'd love to have a shirt that has their logo on the front and "You're not gonna pay a lot for that muffler!" on the back.

I sense an "I'm Big on the Pig" comment coming on from somebody, so I'll just go ahead and get it over with now... :rolleyes:

I sense an "I'm Big on the Pig" comment coming on from somebody, so I'll just go ahead and get it over with now... :rolleyes:

I'll take athletic shoes with a Michelin sole anyday! No one knows they're Michelin, but man, great soles. I think Puma uses a Michelin sole on a couple of styles. :thumbsup:

When we walked by the other day, my wife asked why she would ever go in there. I had no response. I'll be interested to see what it is like when they open, but I can't think of anything that might draw me back after my first visit.

When we walked by the other day, my wife asked why she would ever go in there. I had no response. I'll be interested to see what it is like when they open, but I can't think of anything that might draw me back after my first visit.

I hope they offer Segway demonstrations. I got a chance to ride one a few years ago. The event was sponsored by Michelin since they make the tires. ^_^

I hope they offer Segway demonstrations. I got a chance to ride one a few years ago. The event was sponsored by Michelin since they make the tires. ^_^

I saw a place downtown that rents Segways. I've seen people in Cleveland Park on them. I should see how much they are for my Mom's visit next month. :)

OOOOoooooh! IDEA! Ok, we've often talked about renting bikes downtown. Well, maybe Michelin could rent Bikes (if they even make those kinds of tires) or better yet, Segways. Seems like a great opportunity to just hop right on the trail and ride on up toward TR. Maybe a little pricey for the risks involved with damage, but seems like an interesting way to either see the city or nature. Especially if the trail ever makes it to Conestee.

So what is to keep the City from banning segway rentals just like they are banning rock sliding in Falls Park? Someone could be careless and crash into something, right? :rolleyes: Disclaimer: I am being sarcastic.

So what is to keep the City from banning segway rentals just like they are banning rock sliding in Falls Park? Someone could be careless and crash into something, right? :rolleyes: Disclaimer: I am being sarcastic.

Can anyone confirm this? Heard today that there will be a "larger than life" Bibendum sculpture installed somewhere around Riverplace. Side of the building maybe? :dontknow: Didn't get any details.

Maybe they'll have him seated on the bench next to Charles Townes. :lol:

Can anyone confirm this? Heard today that there will be a "larger than life" Bibendum sculpture installed somewhere around Riverplace. Side of the building maybe? :dontknow: Didn't get any details.

Maybe they'll have him seated on the bench next to Charles Townes. :lol:

:rofl:

The Bibendum sculpture sounds like a great idea! This is the first I have heard of one, so I look forward to hearing more about it.

Can anyone confirm this? Heard today that there will be a "larger than life" Bibendum sculpture installed somewhere around Riverplace. Side of the building maybe? Didn't get any details.

Maybe they'll have him seated on the bench next to Charles Townes. :

Maybe they could have him riding a Michelin inner tube over the falls! :rofl:

^ Thanks for posting this. I had heard there would be an oversized Bibendum....looks like from this he'll be on the side of the building. Cool. I like it. :thumbsup:

^ Thanks for posting this. I had heard there would be an oversized Bibendum....looks like from this he'll be on the side of the building. Cool. I like it. :thumbsup:

Yea ... on the corner it seems, actually ... and he's going to be illuminated, too, from the location of the lights in Townes Square. Should look pretty cool.