Michelin on Main

gs3

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peeked in Michelin yesterday....some of the plastic was removed on the side window. Looks like the mezzanine is built. This is going to be one awesome space. I've heard it will have very "distinct" lighting, so even when closed at night, it will still be a tourist draw. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This represents a rather innovative way for Michelin, with its HQ's along I-85, to make an impact upon downtown, and they should definitely be commended for it. Plus, it only makes sense for them to get in on the downtown action. I would have almost liked to have seen the company design and occupy its own building, if only for the sake of seeing the architectural form such a building would take.

Haven't been in at night yet, but went in the other day. It is a pretty cool store indeed. One concern; will they be able to stay in business? They don't have much retail in there, and I can't imagine that many people wanting to buy a Michelin T-shirt, cup holder, or pen. I think think this store will get a lot of visits, but I can't see it getting many purchasers. Also, I would like to have seen some "vintage Michelin" paraphenalia, and maybe a "French room" or something (I know space was limited). I also noticed the timeline on the back wall noted when the first N American store opened in Greenville, but it did not note when the HQ was built (or even that the HQ is in Gville). :dontknow:

I may be wrong, but it doesn't seem like Michelin decided to have Michelin on Main with the goal of making money. I think they know that there probably aren't many people eager to buy something with the Michelin logo on it. Rather, they see it as a way to be part of downtown Greenville and promote increased visibility for their brand.

I may be wrong, but it doesn't seem like Michelin decided to have Michelin on Main with the goal of making money. I think they know that there probably aren't many people eager to buy something with the Michelin logo on it. Rather, they see it as a way to be part of downtown Greenville and promote increased visibility for their brand.

Had some company in town yesterday afternoon from Atlanta. We were walking through West End and decided to check out Michelin. Pretty cool spot. :thumbsup: They were impressed that a corporation would give this sort of gift to the city. It was my first time in and I found it very well done from a corporate marketing / branding perspective.

Archived