Concord in the midst of major changes?

Neo

16 hours ago, NCMike1990 said:

More than a year has passed and nothing has happened. Does anyone know what the delay is?

I think it is happening as utility work seems to be happening and this affects my new Krispy Kreme store I am acutely aware.  A temporary drainage basin has been built too. I will take some photos of what I speak of next time I am over there. 

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

REGARDING FORMER SUPER KMART PROPERTY.

Sears, as noted, will stay where it is. 

A bowling alley, Stars and Strikes, will take the middle section.

Elevation-Concord, will move into the section closest to Poplar Tent Rd where the auto center was,was well as some of the former store proper.  Plans are for the Church to relocate to the new location around April 2020.

Elevation Church-Concord currently meets at J.M. Robinson H.S on Pitts School Rd about a mile off of Concord Parkway (hwy 29).

Edited by Skyybutter
  • Like 1

The hospital in Concord has changed names like 20x over the years.

-Cabarrus Memorial Hospital 

-NorthEast Medical Center 

-Carolinas Medical Center-Northeast 

Atrium-Northeast

And now it's being called 

Atrium-Cabarrus 

haha

Anyway,

-Cabarrus County finally has a Shomar's located in Afton Village. Exit 54 off 85.

-PDQ has opened at Northlite Shopping Center in a former McDonalds. There is also a PDQ just passed Concord Mills across from Lowe's Hardware.

The West Cabarrus YMCA has gifted land for Dalton Park(which has an entrance on Poplar Tent Rd.) However the park winds it's way behind Afton Village. The YMCA is in Afton Village. 

Screenshot_20190805_061322.jpg

Edited by Skyybutter
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

Avelo Airlines boosts service on Connecticut route at Concord-Padgett Regional Airport ahead of launch

RDU Avelo plane

Avelo Airlines is increasing service on its new route at Concord-Padgett Regional Airport before it launches.
RDU

An airline new to the Charlotte region is already doubling down on its first route here — before it even launches.

Avelo Airlines is bumping up service on its only nonstop route at Concord-Padgett Regional Airport. Flights to Tweed-New Haven Airport in southern Connecticut will increase to four times a week from twice weekly during the peak summer travel season..............................

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2024/04/05/avelo-airlines-boosts-flight-concord-airport-tweed.html

• Like 4