Taller? PTL Grand Tower vs Arlington

thumper

Taller? PTL Grand Tower vs Arlington  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Taller? PTL Grand Tower vs Arlington

• PTL Tower
    • Arlington

I have noticed that stats on these two buildings are often wrong. For example the Arlington is listed as a 25 story building, but closer examination reveals that it is in fact a 22 story building. Maybe 19 floors on top of a parking garage. Hence it is often referred to as Charlotte's tallest residential tower.

Yet just a few miles away on the other side of the SC line is the PTL Heritage Grand tower. While it is currently closed, I find that it is often mis-represented as well. SSP says it has 18 floors while skyscraper.com indicates 20. Yet in the photo here there are clearly 22 floors with an elevator extension. So which is the Charlotte area's true tallest? (Thanks monsoon for use of the photos)

PTL Heritage Grand

Tower---2s.jpg

The Arlington

arlingtn2.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind seeing the PTL being renovated rather than destroyed...but I'd say it would cost more to renovate than demolish and rebuild. I hate to see things go to waste...especially something of this magnitude.

I think that the property has belonged to a real estate investment company out of the Phillipines for a while now. They were going to develop the property but I think it hit the back burner due to financial problems within that company. I believe that they are sub-dividing and selling off that land now to other developers..... I think. Other developers may stay away from that particular peice of property though due to the costs of imploding the building and cleaning up the remains afterward. Land in Fort Mill is still cheap so I would guess developers would rather build elsewhere. Someone could possibly finish it out I guess but the cost would probably be high and the demand for high-rise living that far out is probably extreemly low. It's fairly ugly too. It is cool to see it in the distance though from Pineville, the lone, phantom high-rise.

• 2 years later...

Archived