Do you take naps?

voyager12

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you take naps?

• Yes
    • No

I was listening to NPR yesterday and they had a segment on the benefits of taking a nap during the day. I know I feel refreshed after a quick 15 minute power nap. The key is not to go beyond 30 minutes or you wake up feeling worse. I work on my own so I don't have to deal with a dissaproving boss. Do you make time to get a little shut eye?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no. never have really partaken in the nap ritual. 15 min only frustrates me and anything else gives me a headache... and i never get headaches. the worst is hoping to get a couple of minutes of naptime in the afternoon - waking up to find it's night already. i hate that feeling.

instead of naps i prefer happy hour! prost!

I don't think I could fall asleep after 15 minutes, although at times when no one's in the office I put my head on my desk and relax.

I saw a t-shirt that said "Bring Back Naptime." That would be a good idea.

i've never been able to take a power nap. it takes me a good 15-20 min before i can fall asleep (unless i'm dead tired), so the power nap idea doesn't work for me, plus i usually feel more tired. the only time i really take naps is if i haven't had enough sleep the night before. i'll take a quick nap to refresh myself, but not too much or i won't get enough sleep at night.

Power naps don't seem to work very well with my body. Even with just a 15 minute nap I always wake up feeling groggy and it takes me hours to resume normal operation it seems. Because of this I have a policy to never fall asleep during normal body hours (6AM -> 10PM).

You know you're officially an adult when you discover that you love taking naps: 3 on a Saturday afternoon, stretched out on the couch, TV on in the background...

I'd heartily second that vote for bringing in the idea of the siesta.

Archived