MLK BLVD projects and restoration

cocateho

I havent heard anyone talking about the mlk project going on and i cant find much info on it either, all I know is it seems there been alot of construction in terms of buildings in that corridor within the past year or so. anyone know anything about whats going on there?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MLK is definitely going to get taller in terms of building structures, Lets start at the Corner or MLK and BAY ... I know that the Sheraton 4 points is about to open in about a week or so, the owner has also closed on the land in front of it, where Dizzy Deans chicken place is, its leased to the restaurant until the owner puts up another hotel - the Aloft by Sheraton ....... both of these building are going to be 5 stories ... Also another development I know about is the owner of the Econo Lodge, is getting ready to knock down the old property and replace it with a Hotel Indigo, a lifestyle boutique type of hotel, and a Cambria Suites... the hotels are rumored to being about 5-6 stories high and the top levels are all Condos..... Starting around 500,000......... I like how a lot of older more trashy looking buildings are going to be knocked out by at least 5-6 story projects..... And I know its a lot of hotel rooms being added in Savannah as we speak but, more hotels should bring in other types of entertainment! Crossing my fingers for a theme park... For those of you that don

MLK is definitely going to get taller in terms of building structures, Lets start at the Corner or MLK and BAY ... I know that the Sheraton 4 points is about to open in about a week or so, the owner has also closed on the land in front of it, where Dizzy Deans chicken place is, its leased to the restaurant until the owner puts up another hotel - the Aloft by Sheraton ....... both of these building are going to be 5 stories ... Also another development I know about is the owner of the Econo Lodge, is getting ready to knock down the old property and replace it with a Hotel Indigo, a lifestyle boutique type of hotel, and a Cambria Suites... the hotels are rumored to being about 5-6 stories high and the top levels are all Condos..... Starting around 500,000......... I like how a lot of older more trashy looking buildings are going to be knocked out by at least 5-6 story projects..... And I know its a lot of hotel rooms being added in Savannah as we speak but, more hotels should bring in other types of entertainment! Crossing my fingers for a theme park... For those of you that don

^^ did you mean to post a pic or something there?

anyway,i had two ideas the other day. first, there was a time when savannah's skyline was bigger, at leastup toward s the river. but at least a couple 10 or 11 story buildings were knocked down because of the decadence. i think it would be a neat city project if the next time a proposal for a highrise downtown came through or if there was a need, that maybe scad working with builders could remake one of these buildings, with quality materials of course.

my other thought is that they should refurbish the area between mlk and the bridge. its a bit ghetto now but i think with the right projects and the mlk restoration going on they could really bring that area up to par with the rest of downtown, without driving out the current residents. they could potentially put up some highrises there, i dont believe there are hight limitations on that side of town. who's with me on this?

Archived