Double Murder Suicide

dgreco

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the WWE is throwing fits at this point. They canceled their regularly scheduled "Monday Night RAW" program to have a tribute to this guy, in the meantime calling him a great father and a good family man. Now it turns out he strangled his wife and smothered his 7 year old son before hanging himself with gym equipment. I don't know any great fathers that would smother their 7 year old child....

Benoit was pretty swole for his stature. I don't know of any 5'9 dudes who are that built unless they eat 10,000 calories a day and lift all the weight in the gym. The media is saying steroids were found in his weight room, so I wouldn't doubt that roids played a role in Benoit going off like he did.

Pretty sure steroids don't cause murder suicides evenly spaced over 3 days, I think we need to be looking at some other cause, like Benoit finding out his son was not really his [for example]. Without having detailed information it seems the only way that an angry father would also kill an innocent child (since we can rule out his son's death being accidental due to getting caught up in the murder of his mother).

No, Benoit was mentally disturbed. The more details that come out, the more bizarre and shocking. This seems more pre-meditated than anything, especially with the spacing and the Bibles.

Apparently his son had a genetic disorder, and the theory is he was killed rather than him being feared neglected in foster care.

Yeah, overheard people at lunch saying his son had a growth issue (stunted growth? Dwarfism?) and that Benoit was secretly giving him growth hormone treatments. How that turns into murder/suicide I don't know, unless his son was diagnosed with something terrible due to his father's actions and Benoit decided to fore go possible jail time for himself and save his son suffering.

Yeah, overheard people at lunch saying his son had a growth issue (stunted growth? Dwarfism?) and that Benoit was secretly giving him growth hormone treatments. How that turns into murder/suicide I don't know, unless his son was diagnosed with something terrible due to his father's actions and Benoit decided to fore go possible jail time for himself and save his son suffering.

More details are coming about the Chris Benoit murder-suicide. He apparently sent five text messages early Sunday morning between 3:53 AM and 3:58 AM to WWE co-workers before committing suicide, even sending some from his dead wife's cell phone. According to the WWE, the five text messages were:

(sent 6/24 at 3:53 a.m.) - Chris Benoit

Archived