[MBA] schools around Rhode Island

crossroad

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
I can't speak for Bryant, but I'm enrolled in URI's program as of a few weeks ago. They require 15 courses, and they're all offered part time via the Providence campus (nothing is required in Kingston). Typically classes are once a week, 6-9ish (depending on the professor).

You said that Typically classes are once a week, in order to graduate in two years, do you need to have >2 courses per week? Thanks.

I have a few years work experience after my undergrad... Thanks guys for your input... I just wanted to get a "name" school so that if I end up in Seattle or Chicago, the school's name still sells.

You said that Typically classes are once a week, in order to graduate in two years, do you need to have >2 courses per week? Thanks.

I have a few years work experience after my undergrad... Thanks guys for your input... I just wanted to get a "name" school so that if I end up in Seattle or Chicago, the school's name still sells.

i'm not trying to burst any bubbles here, but i just want to let you know that an MBA is the new thing to have. everyone's getting one. i don't think any of the smaller schools are going to be known out west. the only way to really get name recognition is to go to a larger college for it. however, in the type of position that an MBA would matter, the degree is just an edge over someone else, but the real world experience is generally more important. i'd forget the name recognition of the college (which won't matter unless it's from a top tier business school) and go for the program that will help you find a job or get you some real world experience through internships or the like, though i imagine you're planning on working while taking classes considering you mentioned night or weekend classes. the main reason most programs ask that you have a few years (generally 3-5) of real world experience is because that's the only way you'll actually get something out of the degree. the degree is meant for people who have worked in that type of position, not for those who are going into that type of position. i don't think uconn's MBA program will even accept you unless you have at least 3 years of solid work experience.

Thanks Jim and guys. I do have >5 years of managerial experience in finance and budgeting.

How far is Boston college and Boston U from North RI? Is Babson considered on par with these two or better in Northeast, since I'm not there yet?

Is Indiana Kelley School of Business and Arizona State University's W P Carey school of business considered on par with Babson in Northeast?

Thanks again for your input.

Thanks Jim and guys. I do have >5 years of managerial experience in finance and budgeting.

How far is Boston college and Boston U from North RI? Is Babson considered on par with these two or better in Northeast, since I'm not there yet?

Is Indiana Kelley School of Business and Arizona State University's W P Carey school of business considered on par with Babson in Northeast?

Thanks again for your input.

Archived