Goodbye to the west side of town

jpl02

Well all, I know I haven't been active much lately. The past half year has been really busy.

This weekend, I have officially moved out of the west side of town. After living next to FSU for 5 years, I couldn't stand it anymore. I've got one more year of grad school, and I decided that I wanted to live it in peace. So......I am now living off E. Brevard Street and Miccosukee Rd. A MUCH nicer, quieter neighborhood.

I won't miss the west side of town. Here's what I won't miss:

Noisy, drunk, belligerent college students

Bums and other vagrants knocking on my door for money

The crime (although haven't been a victim, I hear about it way too much close to home)

Litter and garbage

I'll come out and say it.......I hate living among other college students (although I am one myself!). Granted there are few exceptions like the lovely people here on UP, but for the most part, they're noisy, trashy and rude.

That's my rant for now. :)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I commend you for lasting that long. We moved to Tallahassee sight unseen and had no idea what the area around campus was like. I was ready to move somewhere else after around 5 minutes at the lovely Forest Hills apartment complex.

I find that my disdain of all things FSU-related has greatly decreased since moving away from campus.

I hear you. I lived across the street from campus, and right near the strip, so it was loud here too, particularly Thur-Sat nights around 2:00 when the bars closed. Now Im a proud resident of the NE side of town, and I love it. The only noise I hear in the mornings or anything is kids on their swingsets or whatever, which doesnt wake you up in a bad mood like "F YOU" in the middle of the night.

My place is actually $365/month, by myself, no roomates.

Poonther, to be more specific about my location, I am on E. Brevard between Talaflo and Terrace streets. If you ever see someone walking down the street to the bus stop on Miccosukee, it's probably me :)

^Good price jpl02! That location puts you about 4 blks from me and it puts you in the middle of Old Town, great neighborhood, just beware of all those crazy catholics coming out of Blessed Sacrament at all times of the day. You know they've been drinking (communion.) :)

FF, is your sister moving in on Park between Franklin and Broward? And you live directly on Monroe? If you don't mind answering those questions, if so I understand.

Where exactly is the stop on Micco.? At Brevard? I walk that street a lot and I just can't remember where it is.

My place is actually $365/month, by myself, no roomates.

Poonther, to be more specific about my location, I am on E. Brevard between Talaflo and Terrace streets. If you ever see someone walking down the street to the bus stop on Miccosukee, it's probably me :)

Archived