Residence Inn Progress

kjice2

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like it, the brick could be a little darker but plenty of glass, it's not simply a box, and i really like the front tower type with the logo. The only thing i may have done different is have the building facing downtown instead of towards Fort Norfolk. Other than that, for a piece of land that had no perceived use, kudos to LTD.

• 2 weeks later...

I drove by the site this morning... filled to the brim, and a fence to go around it. It's going to be a tiny footprint! Kind of a bummer, it will block the view of the AT&T building from Brambleton I think.

I wonder if the Westin at Town Center does gov't rates.

That picture above fo the other Residence Inn, that wouldn't fit on the lot.

I snatched a few pictures as I rolled by this morning. I'll try to post them to my flickr shizzle this weekend. They were driving piles or whatever.

I can see the construction site from my apartment. I'm contemplating a camera that takes a highres photo every hour or something, so I can make a cool video when it's done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Be careful with that parking garage. A friend went to take some pictures there recently of Bousch Street (put the digital SLR to use) and cops hanging out on the top were quick to notify him that since he didn't pay for a ticket to get in he was trespassing and the end result could be jail time or fines.

Hi mom lives around the corner in Freemason, and he was over there visiting when he decided to take some photos. We kind of battle on flickr to take good pictures.

Archived