Residence Inn Progress

kjice2

• 1 month later...

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
And, of course, I was entirely wrong. :lol: This building is being built with concrete. The first floor is starting to take shape now, looks like they're moving pretty fast with this thing. I saw some (2) construction workers over at the Hampton inn site as well. Looks like they were surverying or something. Perhaps they're getting ready to start on that as well.

this building structure will probably be done in about nine to ten weeks from when the first floor gets poured. Then after that it will probably take about 4-5 months for the rest of the work. So my guess would be it will be completed by late october or early november provided there are no serious delays to the construction.

this building structure will probably be done in about nine to ten weeks from when the first floor gets poured. Then after that it will probably take about 4-5 months for the rest of the work. So my guess would be it will be completed by late october or early november provided there are no serious delays to the construction.

• 3 weeks later...

Believe it or not, they're actually starting to put together a tower crane. I didn't think a 9 story building would need one, but as I was driving by this morning I noticed that the were in the process of placing a yellow section.

A concrete pump truck only goes up 5 floors if my memory serves me right. A mobile crane would have to carry it the rest of the way. With the size of this foot print it would mean closing traffic lanes around the site. Plus tower cranes are faster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was driving down Brambleton the other day, just thinking about how urban that corridor will look with the Belmont project, this, and the Hampton completed -- almost right in a row. Once Granby Tower is done, whenever it is done, this will be the most dense corridor north of City Hall Avenue.

I was driving down Brambleton the other day, just thinking about how urban that corridor will look with the Belmont project, this, and the Hampton completed -- almost right in a row. Once Granby Tower is done, whenever it is done, this will be the most dense corridor north of City Hall Avenue.

Archived