Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cowbreath

World Urban Growth

4 posts in this topic

I found an article on the world urban growth on BBC. It'll give you perspective on our ever-increasing world population and the importance of urban planning. World Urban Growth

The interactive map is nice to play around with. Interactive Map

I found an article on the world urban growth on BBC. It'll give you perspective on our ever-increasing world population and the importance of urban planning. World Urban Growth

The interactive map is nice to play around with. Interactive Map

One funny note about that web page- at the bottom is this "The most read story in Australasia is: " was the Paris Hilton story. Glad to see it's not only the USA media that has it's priorities out of order.

Yeah I had posted something about this on the main Coffeeshop forum on UP. Didn't really think about posting anything here. But then again, unfortunately I'm still not back on a regular basis yet. Something else I read recently that fits into this discussion. Until I read this I didn't know Arkansas passed this point back in the 80's. I still think of it as a rather rural oriented state and it never occured to me that more people live in urban areas now than rural ones.