Granby Tower

brikkman

Actual movement on the site this morning!!!!

Not sure what they are doing, but last night I seen some type of crane delivered onto the property (via flat bed trailer).

Drove by it this morning on the way to work, not sure what they are doing, but at least its something. The crane is actually in use, just couldn't tell what they were lifting...

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what they are doing, but last night I seen some type of crane delivered onto the property (via flat bed trailer).

Drove by it this morning on the way to work, not sure what they are doing, but at least its something. The crane is actually in use, just couldn't tell what they were lifting...

Does the crane look like part of a pile driver? :camera:

You know, with this projects history I really don't want to get my hopes up, but I can't imagine that they'd be bluffing this time around. They already used their last possible excuse. I'm gonna ride by today in order to judge for myself. If it's really real this time (fingers crossed) I will actually close this thread and make a progress thread. :)

Perhaps they were picking up equipment to take it back home. :lol: In all seriousness though, how many people were actually working? Was it the typical three?

You know, with this projects history I really don't want to get my hopes up, but I can't imagine that they'd be bluffing this time around. They already used their last possible excuse. I'm gonna ride by today in order to judge for myself. If it's really real this time (fingers crossed) I will actually close this thread and make a progress thread. :)

Perhaps they were picking up equipment to take it back home. :lol: In all seriousness though, how many people were actually working? Was it the typical three?

Man, I want to say YES!!!, 3 men-right off top of my head.

I was thinking that for a second, but I hung around for a few extra minutes just to see if they were actually doing something. I'm going to honestly say the only thing I could possible think they were doing was lifting a sign. But why would they bring another crane to the site to do that when they have one there already?

As I recall, I believe it was two flatbed trucks and the crane they delievered last night was actually on the ground moving and lifting something ( thought the crane was lifting one of the flat for a second WTF). I'm going back around lunch time just to see what's going down....They seem to stay in that corner with the pile of dirt a lot, so its hard to see in passing. I'm not as familar with the equipment used for construction like you guys are so I don't know if that was part of something else; but it was operating by itself.

I think i'm gonna hold off on that progress thread there. The white crane that was sitting there for months is now gone and the red and smaller crane is now sitting in its place. Baby backhoe is still there too. There were no men or flatbed trucks when I went by either. The one caveat I can give you guys is that it looks like the red crane they used to lift piles into the pile driver, but it is not the actual pile driver crane itself. We shall see I guess. :dontknow:

Another caveat (and take this with a grain of salt). Updated information (as of what they had received yesterday) appears to suggest that the loan has been finalized (I asked specifically about this). They also say to expect to see most of the equipment "mobilized" on site right after the 4th of July holiday. (Ok, so take it with 2 grains of salt :lol:). I know i'm setting myself up for a pilot article that says the exact opposite but lets hope that this time the information given was accurate. The equipment movement this morning is a positive sign however.

So they basically removed one piece of equipment and added two?

Counting baby backhoe, it's 2. But that backhoe has been there for at least a week now. It looks like all they did today was replace the white crane with the red one.

Damn, they were nipping at my heels weren't they? :lol: Good to know that we finally got some accurate information. Now we have something to tide us over til Wachovia Center. :yahoo:

SSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

TTTTT! I guess i will be taking lots of pics!

Archived