Granby Tower

brikkman

Off-topic but :(. Was it the daschund? (sp?). My cat died not too long ago so I know how it feels. Pets definately become little members of the family.

Yes, it was the dachshund. He wanted to buy a condo in the "toothpick." I miss him terribly but I've begun looking for another one. It's a habit. I've had four dachshunds in my life, so I guess they're like sacraments.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read the updated article and I have to say it is spot on accurate in its assessment. It basically gave a history of the troubles with Granby Tower and I think we can all admit that this thing hasn't been pretty. That said, it's all water under the bridge now, and no article no matter how negative will succeed in containing my happiness that GT will actually be built. :)

I just didn't feel that it was necessary to begin the article with, "It may finally be a go for Granby Tower." They can't really get the history wrong vdogg, but they did set an uncertain tone for the building's future.

When have they ever done a positive spin off for anything in this region? I can't recall too many

I just didn't feel that it was necessary to begin the article with, "It may finally be a go for Granby Tower." They can't really get the history wrong vdogg, but they did set an uncertain tone for the building's future.

Oh, I see what you're getting at now. I guess they didn't have to say may, it's a definite thing now. The contractor has been given the go ahead and the pile company has given a date (notice that work will have to proceed before that date in order to take everything to 5ft below grade). Will is definitely an appropriate word in this case.

Hooray! (hide comment)

Again!? LOL! Hooray! We need more inventory. This is exciting! With this and so many other projects coming on line there will be lots of inventory. I always wondered if you bought a couple of REO condos side by side, can you knock down the walls ? Get this thing going! It might actually be worth it to rent a condo there and live there for a year or two. Maybe offer 1/2 or 1/3rd of what the owner's monthly mortgage is (PITI + Condo fees), assuming they put 10% down. I have a really nice view from my apartment, and honestly you stop noticing after about a week. You get used to it. Except when there is a lightning storm. Speaking of which, I heard a rumor that the glass on the building isn't rated well for hurricanes? Category 2 or something?

- Ethan O. - Virginia Beach

^^^Oh good lord Tel. Not rated for Cat 2? :rolleyes: Where did you get that one? :lol:

Oh, I see what you're getting at now. I guess they didn't have to say may, it's a definite thing now. The contractor has been given the go ahead and the pile company has given a date (notice that work will have to proceed before that date in order to take everything to 5ft below grade). Will is definitely an appropriate word in this case.

Although I am very excited about this news, just to play devils advocate, I can understand the writer being a little less than 100% positive in how he portrays the apparent start of construction. And the Pilot may remain skeptical right on through the construction process and until Granby Tower is fully occupied. The good thing is, once it is built and folks move in, and the retail and office space is rented, there will be no more room for those who doubt.

Although I am very excited about this news, just to play devils advocate, I can understand the writer being a little less than 100% positive in how he portrays the apparent start of construction. And the Pilot may remain skeptical right on through the construction process and until Granby Tower is fully occupied. The good thing is, once it is built and folks move in, and the retail and office space is rented, there will be no more room for those who doubt.

Okay, ya caught me....I'm freelancing for the Virginian Pilot :blush:

I'll refrain from my typical glass is half empty comments :D

Just read the news.................HELL YEAH..............................

Damn, I need a life. I just read the news today . . oh, boy! Working too hard.

lil-bear,

I've said it before, i'll say it again.......

What you say on this forum usually gets done. I hope they do add some office floors.

What was that you were saying, lil-bear? You think it will be 550 feet?

It's about darn time. I was kind of worried about Granby Tower for a while myself. Now we can breath a collective sigh of relief. Finally we can fill in a not so presentable spot in Norfolk. There are others, but I guess this is a start. It definitely will begin to expand the borders of downtown Norfolk. And ofcourse projects like this will affect the city as a whole, over time, that is, it'll cause a ripple affect I think.

It's about darn time. I was kind of worried about Granby Tower for a while myself. Now we can breath a collective sigh of relief. Finally we can fill in a not so presentable spot in Norfolk. There are others, but I guess this is a start. It definitely will begin to expand the borders of downtown Norfolk. And ofcourse projects like this will affect the city as a whole, over time, that is, it'll cause a ripple affect I think.

That, clearly, is what the city is banking on. It (and the newspaper) keep mentioning development north on Brambleton.

After the 4th, it's definitely going to be great and a breath of fresh air to finally see construction workers and equipment digging a 5 foot deep hole on the site for the next 2-3 wks and then after that to see a pile-driver making deathing noise on the site. I'm really excited ^_^

Right on time! Baby backhoe has been replaced with a much larger earth mover, several pick up trucks, and men in vests and hardhats. Also, get ready for this, It looked like they were preparing to start digging again. :yahoo:

Yup, I seen it...

They seem to have broken something, lol

The hood is open on the machine....

but I did see hard hats......I was shocked...

The machine was operating and they were tearing up sidewalk and asphalt when I passed by about an hour ago.

Archived