Granby Tower

brikkman

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could really use some construction pics about now.. :whistling:

Check wavy news 10. They were out at the site today so they may have a story about it later. Also, I saw a guy out there taking pictures of all the activity (of which there was a lot) so i'd expect to see GT website updated soon as well.

One other interesting note. You can go to their site and look at the construction progress timeline and superimpose that over this year since it's starting pretty much at the exact same time it was supposed to start last year.

granbytoweranimationfinal.jpg

I still think that they're going to stick in a few more floors. :whistling:

That is highly doubtful at this point. The building is already designed not to mention that they can barely fill it with the demand they have. It just wouldn't make any sense to increase height (read: add condos) at this stage. That is unless they add a few feet to the spire. :lol: I think the spire is tall enough though.

That is highly doubtful at this point. The building is already designed not to mention that they can barely fill it with the demand they have. It just wouldn't make any sense to increase height (read: add condos) at this stage. That is unless they add a few feet to the spire. :lol: I think the spire is tall enough though.

More floors doesn't necessarily equate to more condos. It could mean more office space. Maybe Wavy's looking for some offices.

One other interesting note. You can go to their site and look at the construction progress timeline and superimpose that over this year since it's starting pretty much at the exact same time it was supposed to start last year.

granbytoweranimationfinal.jpg

I'm maintaining my projected 2010 finish date, regardless how often Gaddams swears they'll finish in two years.

And no floors will be added, any additional office space would be added into Wachovia, not GT.

I saw the construction equipment when walking past the site to work the other day and though, "oh yes... bring it on."

This is awesome news. This inventory is going to help drive a wooden stake into the housing market vampire.

I wonder how many people who have put down deposits for units were hoping that it wouldn't be built and they would get their money back?

lol..... thats great news!!! i cant wait to see it up! so, 470 some feet?

i think we have seen the end of our "fear of heights" in virginia! most of the big cities in the state, have a proposed or approved new tallest building! arlington with central place (now approved for construction at 390 feet) will be about 80 feet higher than the old tallest (rosslyn twin towers at 388) (because it is on a hill), tysons corner with the mall expantion has some 350 footers approved as well as other smaller towers, 470 feet in norfolk, 520 feet in Virginia beach, and now i'v heard talk of 600 feet in richmond!......... where's next? we have got to start seeing even more proposals....

I saw the construction equipment when walking past the site to work the other day and though, "oh yes... bring it on."

This is awesome news. This inventory is going to help drive a wooden stake into the housing market vampire.

I wonder how many people who have put down deposits for units were hoping that it wouldn't be built and they would get their money back?

There have been no such reports in either the media or on this site, so the answer could be none.

Thank you for latest observation from Fantasyland.

Turner is constructing GT correct?

I seen a new trailer across brambleton (this morning) with "get this" more than 3 hard hatted men having some type of meeting. I guess it was any where from 10 to 15 people, all with hard hats discussing something. Seems like they are about to put their feet into this project. No new equipment, same backhoe going at the ground though.

I think about in a week or two I can stop driving past this property knowing that real progress is being made now....

Turner is constructing GT correct?

I seen a new trailer across brambleton (this morning) with "get this" more than 3 hard hatted men having some type of meeting. I guess it was any where from 10 to 15 people, all with hard hats discussing something. Seems like they are about to put their feet into this project. No new equipment, same backhoe going at the ground though.

I think about in a week or two I can stop driving past this property knowing that real progress is being made now....

I don't think we'll be seeing more equipment for a week to week and a half. Right now, all they can really do is tear up the concrete and make the entire site a 5 foot deep crater before anything else can move forward. It's interesting that Turner's office trailer is across the street unlike when they built Trader where the trailer was onsite on Granby St. Having the trailer across the street for Granby could indicate that the site will be very hectic. We shall see if it is busier than usual for a construction site over the the next few weeks, months and years.

Archived