Granby Tower

brikkman

so they are going to 1000+ piles with two drivers... This is 4 months?

How long does it take to drive on pile or how many can get done in a day?

Each job is different. It all depends, Piles are usually a set length. However, not every pile gets driven to a certain depth. Every pile is driven until a certain blow per foot threshold is reached. Once that threshold is reached they stop driving the piles.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so they are going to 1000+ piles with two drivers... This is 4 months?

How long does it take to drive on pile or how many can get done in a day?

These piles are relatively long. Figure about 10-12 piles per day for each pile driver. This is assuming the there are no problems. Pile drivers develop mechanical problems. Sometimes piles hit obstructions. And it will be slower than that for the first week or so, until they get up to speed. Some of the piles have to be driven at an angle. They help to resist the wind load. The angled piles go slower.

And all that assumes the precast plant can keep supplying them with piles. The piles have to be cast, and then cured for at least two weeks (preferable four) before they can be driven.

These piles are relatively long. Figure about 10-12 piles per day for each pile driver. This is assuming the there are no problems. Pile drivers develop mechanical problems. Sometimes piles hit obstructions. And it will be slower than that for the first week or so, until they get up to speed. Some of the piles have to be driven at an angle. They help to resist the wind load. The angled piles go slower.

And all that assumes the precast plant can keep supplying them with piles. The piles have to be cast, and then cured for at least two weeks (preferable four) before they can be driven.

What are you, some kind of expert or something? Sounds like it. Welcome to the site.

Don't be so shocked, a building like this is atleast 10 years over due for a city like Norfolk. Granby Tower can change peoples perspective on Norfolk. Sometimes it just takes someone with the vision and gonads to see it through. Unfortunately with the lack of experience and some tough luck, Mr. Gaddams has had trouble getting it off the ground. If he were a big time developer this would have already been on the rise.

Don't be so shocked, a building like this is atleast 10 years over due for a city like Norfolk. Granby Tower can change peoples perspective on Norfolk. Sometimes it just takes someone with the vision and gonads to see it through. Unfortunately with the lack of experience and some tough luck, Mr. Gaddams has had trouble getting it off the ground. If he were a big time developer this would have already been on the rise.

I guarantee that he has learned alot from this and the next tower will not be as difficult as this one. I believe he will eventually become a good developer. I like the fact that he went with someone other than CMSS! :P

Yeah, we need this development and I'm still a little pissed that TC got a 30+ building out of no where before Norfolk. This tower is way over due for the city and should be complimented with structures just as high in the future. Things are looking up for Norfolk (literately).

Ford was out there installing the drivers. Getting real close to the day. Anyone have insight on when the piles are to be delivered? After all we've been through, I'll take anything to talk about. :lol:

Yep, they're done excavating. :yahoo: The 2nd pit is done, I didn't see the 2nd pile driver yet though. It looks like they'll probably start driving piles on Monday.

Yep, they're done excavating. :yahoo: The 2nd pit is done, I didn't see the 2nd pile driver yet though. It looks like they'll probably start driving piles on Monday.

It looks to me like they're driving pilings right now. Nice to see work on the weekend. Maybe it will speed things a bit.

So that little red building that say "Law offices" behind the GT site will stay? I thought as this project moved forward they would eventually buy that land and use the space some how. Does anyone have any info regarding that land; any reason why it has not been demolished?

So that little red building that say "Law offices" behind the GT site will stay? I thought as this project moved forward they would eventually buy that land and use the space some how. Does anyone have any info regarding that land; any reason why it has not been demolished?

All demolition that needed to be done for this project has already been done. The vault and 2 small utility buildings were torn down years ago.

Archived